300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Hartford

I've been looking into taking the test for East Hartford that was just posted. Ive been doing some research on the town and the department in general. It seems like they stay pretty busy there, have a good call load with some good cases to keep busy on, and the pay is decent. I was wondering if anyone here know any more about the department and the area? I grew up in the Norwalk area and haven't spent much time up near Hartford so I don't know what its like up that way. I hear the cost of living is a lot cheaper than Fairfield County.

Thanks.

Yep, very busy and they have one of the best K9 Units statewide.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like theyre looking to hire three new officers. Cant be a bad place to start, looks like youll stay busy, good luck !

Comment

I'm thinking Ill throw my hat in the ring, I'm gonna call in and see what their out of state lateral process is, but I'm assuming it going to be just like starting from scratch just like Norwalk is. Its worth a shot though. thanks.

Comment

Good luck with it Red

Comment

If you want busy just apply to Hartford starting pay sux but plenty of extra duty and OT.

Comment

Big Red I signed up for the test as well. Let me know what you find out. PM me your email. I grew up in Norwalk as well so we may even know eachother. Graduated from McMahon class of 96.
              Law Enforcement is a calling not a Job!!!!

Comment

I had my oral board with East Hartford two days ago, did anybody else here have one? I did OK I think (though you can never really be sure with these things, even after having done about 10 of them), but turns out they were interviewing about twice as many people as I thought they were originally so its definitely up in the air.

I think they're moving through the process pretty quickly, aiming for an April Academy start date, so Id imagine people who made it through will hear something pretty soon.

Comment

Just an update here, I did get a conditional offer in the mail yesterday with a form for me to sign so they could start my background check.

Comment

Awesome news dude. Keep us updated!
                    Law Enforcement is a calling not a Job!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5692 users online. 321 members and 5371 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X