X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRRBEST
    replied
    Originally posted by joeypalz283 View Post
    thanks for the responses.. im just worried if maybe someones son or daughter is next in line to become a cop and they just have this testing period sort of as a cover.. but from what ive been hearing they just take the best candidate so hopefully ill score high enough
    I don't know, personally through experience, I think you might be more correct than you'd rather be about certain departments on the east coast in general. I know of quite a few who either outright did a transfer or began testing and hired on with west coast departments, not just where I'm at, but surrounding states as well. I think its less civil service non-sense and basic testing, scoring, backgrounds, etc. I know people who tested back east and take X amount of time (months and months) just to hear back written exam results, while here, a large amount of departments would have someone's background testing completed and in under 1 year, they'd already be in an Academy...

Leave a comment:

• joeypalz283
    replied
    thanks for the responses.. im just worried if maybe someones son or daughter is next in line to become a cop and they just have this testing period sort of as a cover.. but from what ive been hearing they just take the best candidate so hopefully ill score high enough

Leave a comment:

• MRRBEST
    replied
    To tell you the truth, I think things work out for a reason and I personally could not be any happier where I'm at now.

That being said, I tested for a few different departments "back east" before getting hired out here in Las Vegas. Darien was one of the departments I tested for. Darien was one of the only departments back east that I actually had positive things to say about when testing. I made it through towards the end of the hiring process and thought I did fairly well. I just didn't get selected and obviously didn't do well enough

Anyway, I had a lot of respect from start to finish on my brief experience with the department. I didn't think it seemed too political (again very very brief experience) and I respected the way all the Officers handled themselves and appeared. I would definitely reccomend trying to speak to an Officer that currently works for that department though as they would clearly know a lot more.

Bottom line, I had nothing negative to say about Darien and comparing Darien to about six or seven other departments, I would say my personal opinion would rank them in the top three to work for, easily, possibly the second preferred (although I'm a bit partial now haha )

Good luck to you, its definitely a great area and nice little town, although now being where I'm at, I wondered if it would be "too quiet"... And hopefully they do alright salary wise because its extremely expensive to live in that area.

Leave a comment:

• Irishhammer
    replied
    Same politics as any other department in Fairfield County. Not much in the way of overtime and very Politically correct. Almost no action and they expect tons of Selective Enforcement. (DUI's, speeding, parking tickets, etc.) So much chance to be proactive. I would look to Stamford or Norwalk if you're looking for a place with some action and overtime.

Leave a comment:

• joeypalz283
    started a topic Darien PD

Darien PD

does anyone have any info on this dept.. is it very political to get a job or are the hiring practices fair? any info would be awesome thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5844 users online. 324 members and 5520 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X