300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's in the process now? Where?

So, who out there is in the hiring process for an agency in Colorado?

I'm in the process with: Aurora, Greenwood Village, Loveland. I'm also in the process with FAMS, DEA, and a couple more federal agencies.

So, what about the rest of Colorado, where are you all at?
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Denver Sheriff's Department. All I have left is the doctor's physical.
    *fingers crossed*
    sigpic
    Don't make me gassy.
    You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Currently I am only in the process with Denver PD. You can check your status on their website and this is how it reads...

your current status is: Passed Suitability Assessment.
      The results of your written suitability assessment test and suitability assessment interview have been evaluated and you are being recommended to continue in the testing/screening phases. If you have not been given your appointment for the next phase, you will receive written notice through the mail.
      Only the dead have seen the end of the war.-Plato

God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLacrosse View Post
        You can check your status on their website and this is how it reads...
        Dammit, I wish DSD had that...
        sigpic
        Don't make me gassy.
        You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Just finished my process for Federal Bureau of Prisons and will be starting on August 18 in Englewood, Co. Cannot wait to start, I have heard a lot of good things about that facility and the pay is good.

Comment

Finally!!!!!

After 13 months in the process with a local PD I finally got my conditional job offer yesterday.
            I gota admit I was beginning to lose my cool…just ask the other cadets in my CCA P.O.S.T. academy, I was becoming grumpy instead of my happy go lucky self but I’m O.K now.
            Last edited by jfioren; 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM.
            Academy starts-9/2/08

Comment

Originally posted by jfioren View Post
              After 13 months in the process with Aurora I finally got my conditional job offer yesterday.
              I gota admit I was beginning to lose my cool…just ask the other cadets in my CCA P.O.S.T. academy, I was becoming grumpy instead of my happy go lucky self but I’m O.K now.
              Do you still have to go through their academy? I had a friend that went through PPCC in the springs and Aurora told her if they hired her she would STILL have to do their academy.. which I thought was BS.

Comment

wow...thats intense. Have you heard if that is the norm or not? Did your process take so long simply due to the fact that you were at another academy or what? Im in the process now for their January academy so I really don't see things taking 13 months. Besides the wait, how was the process? PM if ya want.

Mike
                Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Comment

Lets see, El Paso County and DOC currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Do you still have to go through their academy? I had a friend that went through PPCC in the springs and Aurora told her if they hired her she would STILL have to do their academy.. which I thought was BS.
                    I don’t know what “PPCC in the springs” is but no one gets into Aurora PD without going through the academy. New hires go through a 26 week academy and laterals with 3 years as a LEO do an abbreviated 16 weeks.
                    At CCA, all of my instructors are Aurora PD officers or former officers. Aurora uses skills and tactics that are unique to only a handful of departments around the country. It would be virtually impossible in my opinion for anyone to go from any other department and into their FTO
                    Academy starts-9/2/08

Comment

Originally posted by MvExplorer View Post
                      wow...thats intense. Have you heard if that is the norm or not? Did your process take so long simply due to the fact that you were at another academy or what? Im in the process now for their January academy so I really don't see things taking 13 months. Besides the wait, how was the process? PM if ya want.

Mike
                      Classes have been pushed forward for a while now and have nothing to do with CCA.
                      GOOD LUCK!
                      Last edited by jfioren; 08-26-2008, 10:02 AM.
                      Academy starts-9/2/08

Comment

After 13 months in the process with Aurora I finally got my conditional job offer yesterday.
                        Jfioren, you didn't get a conditional offer prior to the poly??

What is your conditional offer contingent on?

Did they tell you when to expect a final offer?

Congrats, hope all works out for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
                          Jfioren, you didn't get a conditional offer prior to the poly??

What is your conditional offer contingent on?

Did they tell you when to expect a final offer?

Congrats, hope all works out for ya.
                          Poly and psych was back in January. The conditional offer is contingent upon passing a medical physical and drug test on the 14th and 15th of this month which will not be a problem. I’m told that the final job offer will be in the mail by the 20th.
                          Academy starts-9/2/08

Comment

That is great news, I wish you the best of luck. I hope to drop an app. with Aurora sometime in the coming months, hopefully be working along side ya at some point.

I have never heard of a conditional offer that far after the poly, I normally thought is was prior to the poly. (Atleast in AZ is always was) I guess each state has different ways of handling the process.

Comment

I don’t know what “PPCC in the springs” is but no one gets into Aurora PD without going through the academy. New hires go through a 26 week academy and laterals with 3 years as a LEO do an abbreviated 16 weeks.
                              At CCA, all of my instructors are Aurora PD officers or former officers. Aurora uses skills and tactics that are unique to only a handful of departments around the country. It would be virtually impossible in my opinion for anyone to go from any other department and into their FTO
                              PPCC is like ACC.. community college style learning. I think thats BS you still have to go through another academy personally. Why spend the 3k + to get post just to do it again? But Touche... another reason besides the 26 weeks (7 more than I went through) I didn't apply to them Good luck to ya man.

edit - I just reread it and my post sounded condescending towards you... it wasn't.. just the way Aurora does business. Sorry if it might have read that way. Really.. good luck with them. Other than all that i've read their a good department and most officers are happy
                              Last edited by Mystikal; 08-04-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5265 users online. 338 members and 4927 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X