No announcement yet.

Any CO "friends of Bill W." here?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any CO "friends of Bill W." here?

If you were unknowingly lured in by my cryptic thread title, that "friend of Bill" is the term we members of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) use, to not scare folks off.

After 30 years with LAPD, and the last 22 years of it sober, I've relocated to the Front Range. If you, or any other cop, puddle monkey (firefighter) or police employee is active in AA, I would like to see about getting a 9-1-1 (public safety) AA group started. In Los Angeles, we had a Peace Officers AA group. There is, after all, safety in numbers.

These days, mainstream AA is sometimes full of ex-cons, folks on probation, and alcoholic/meth addicts. It can be a very scary venture for the public safety employee who finds him/herself in need of getting sober and meeting up with those folks. It's not that we're better, in some cases, we just start out a little differently.

PM me with any/all questions.

It's okay if no one responds. It's not my job to get results. It's just my job to try.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

What's Going On

There are currently 7355 users online. 333 members and 7022 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad