300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood PD??

I remember hearing when I was in college that Lakewood was a very progressive and cutting edge department. That was about 12 or 13 years ago.

My question is if that was true a dozen years ago? Is it true today? What is the reputation of the department with other officers and departments in the greater Denver area? Is it a good place to work?

Thanks!!
    10-R
    SPSC 262

i work with somoene that talked to alot of lakewood "agents" and they all wanted out. apparently the politics are unnecessarily bad. I've heard, tho I don't know how true, that their full force on defensive tactics and usually cause at least 1 bad injury per academy. I don't know about you but if thats true its not worth my time. I know my department can't stand them because they all feel their above everyone else. I tested for them once and their process was bull ****... i'll never look at them again.

Comment

Lakewood PD

Don't listen to the negative info on Lakewood PD, do some research on it yourself! My good buddy works there and he loves it. Very professional, progressive and well respected agency. You have to have a 4 year degree to work there.

Comment

Originally posted by TyWebb View Post
        do some research on it yourself!
        this is very true. i was in a bad mood last night and really negative... but tywebb is correct... only you can decide if the department is you... with as much negativity that is out there theres as much positive. theres plenty of info out there on the web on this department.

Comment

Is it true that Lakewood went to blazers (jackets) at one time to go with the agent mentality? I heard that in the academy. Heard their officer injuries went up because what little respect citizens have for police was even lower due to the uniforms they wore. Is that true does anyone know?
          Seems far fetched to me but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by pressm4n View Post
            Is it true that Lakewood went to blazers (jackets) at one time to go with the agent mentality? I heard that in the academy. Heard their officer injuries went up because what little respect citizens have for police was even lower due to the uniforms they wore. Is that true does anyone know?
            Seems far fetched to me but who knows.
            They did wear blazers at one time, but I think that was like back in the 1970's!
            "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

Comment

They did wear the blazers, I've seen the pictures and they are odd looking. Lakewood PD does seem to be right on track with all the key players in keeping up to date with new gear and such, but they do lose some respect form other agencies due to the fact that they do call themselves agents. Whenever I delt with Lakewood PD, 90% of the time they seemed like kids who just graduated college and still thought THEY were the law. Overall, not to bad and great pay. The city has been groing pretty well.

Comment

The Blazers

When the City of Lakewood incorporated & started up their own P.D. they did indeed try some interesting experiments. Yes, they wore blazers. The citizens just didn't relate - cops don't wear blazers, they wear uniforms. They weren't called 'police officers', they were 'agents'. (Last I knew they do now have 'officers', but they don't meet the educational requirements for agents and basically just take the b.s. 'insurance' reports.) In the beginning, they were the LDPS - Lakewood Department of Public Safety. They are now the Lakewood Police Department. Like any department, they have had their problems. Overall, I think it's a good department. (I have a friend who was once a lab tech there, and the other captain at my current department once worked there as well. And, back in the early 70s & 80's, I worked for Wheat Ridge P.D., which is the next city north of Lakewood.) My info is a bit dated, but hope it helps some.

Comment

here ya go
                  Officer.com article

found the article about the blazers. Sounds like it was a "great" idea
                  thanks

before I became a police officer I worked with Lakewood police once before as a Comcast cable installer, the officer that came out seemed cool enough and that he enjoyed his job there so... Not knowing anything else about the department I cannot say how it is to work there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2959 users online. 177 members and 2782 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X