Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You stated that what I feel has nothing to do with the realities of hiring. The reality is that departments need to hire individuals who want to pursue law enforcement to serve, not for the badge/ gun/ power. Now is the perfect time to find those who fit those characteristics when becoming a leo isn't popular but looked down on. It shows that despite being hated by the vast majority of the public, they still want to fulfill the goals and mission statement of the department. Or maybe I'm ignorant of how it really is I dunno.

Comment

You are being ignorant.
      Your wishes have nothing to do with the realities of hiring.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
        Davet223 I'm actually in process with a sheriff department. You are right about a lot of departments halting their hiring process. But there are some still trying to feel positions. A few of the mountain counties and smaller cities. I have a jail tour on Monday and this department I'm in the process with is trying to fill the position in November. So there's still hope out there. You're also right about this forum being dead. Since I've been here Colorado forum has been very slow moving.
        What sheriff's department?

First you're asking about CA agencies. Then you're moving to AZ. Now, you're in CO?

Travelin' man!

Comment

• Iamkre8
          Iamkre8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Keeping my options open!

But to be honest I'm not putting all my eggs in this one basket.
          It's with boulder county. I applied to them back in March and I didn't hear anything at all. Then all of sudden last Monday they called me and asked if I was still interested and I did the polygraph the next day. I have others plans if doesn't work out and I'm not holding my breath. But the wife still wants out of Colorado. However I'm trying to get in where I fit in honestly.

• LA1942
          LA1942 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Good luck!

LA1942 thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          You are being ignorant.
          Your wishes have nothing to do with the realities of hiring.
          And your repeating yourself, stay safe

Comment

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you started putting in applications?

Originally posted by Davet223 View Post

And your repeating yourself, stay safe
          Being oppositional defiant is childish. You need to grow up.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If you have a 4 year degree, Lakewood is hiring. Additionally, the following agencies have frequently been hiring thru COVID: Englewood, Arapahoe SO, Adams County SO (always hiring because they pay crap), Edgewater PD, Northglenn PD (almost always hiring as well), Commerce City, and Erie PD. There are sooo many small podunk PDs in Weld County that seem to always be hiring as well due to pay, too many to list.

If you're really desperate to get your foot in the door in the metro area, Mountain View, Lakeside PD, and Glendale are always hiring. They are not career agencies though, rather retirement gigs or places for washouts or problem officers from other agencies.

Your best shot at a larger agency is probably with Adams SO. Although if you don't have patrol experience you'll likely do 1-2 years in detentions before they'll allow a transfer to patrol.

Comment

• Iamkre8
              Iamkre8 commented
              Editing a comment
              No college degree however I'm working on getting in the national guard and then go to school from there. If things with current agency I'm applying for dont work out and I end up staying in Colorado I'll check those places out. I do have a few questions.

Why aren't mountain view, lakeside pd and glendale career agencies?

Thanks for the tips on the other agencies. No degree and not post certified so I know my options are limited but I'm trying to get in where I fit in.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Being oppositional defiant is childish. You need to grow up.
            Good chat

Comment

Originally posted by FrontRangeCop View Post
              If you have a 4 year degree, Lakewood is hiring. Additionally, the following agencies have frequently been hiring thru COVID: Englewood, Arapahoe SO, Adams County SO (always hiring because they pay crap), Edgewater PD, Northglenn PD (almost always hiring as well), Commerce City, and Erie PD. There are sooo many small podunk PDs in Weld County that seem to always be hiring as well due to pay, too many to list.

If you're really desperate to get your foot in the door in the metro area, Mountain View, Lakeside PD, and Glendale are always hiring. They are not career agencies though, rather retirement gigs or places for washouts or problem officers from other agencies.

Your best shot at a larger agency is probably with Adams SO. Although if you don't have patrol experience you'll likely do 1-2 years in detentions before they'll allow a transfer to patrol.
              Appreciate your advice, I've tested with Adams before, they do written, physical and oral board all in the same day which is awesome instead of them being spaced a week or two out. I went to college at Northern Colorado in Greeley, maybe I should suck it up and do my time. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• Iamkre8
                Iamkre8 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why didn't you get on with Adams?

Originally posted by Davet223 View Post

I have not, but have also heard through a handful of my friends to avoid Denver/Aurora like the plague since they have been the primary areas for protests. They could be wrong, so much misinformation right now
              If you want to have some case law named after you Aurora PD would be a great place to go. This is generally the consensus amongst all CO LEOs.

Also, the Weld County SO is always hiring for Detentions, and is one of the last conservative bastions in CO (which is nice). It’s a good agency to get your foot in the door and they run a yearly POST academy as well. Something to consider.
              Last edited by B.Farn; 11-19-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

If you aren’t certified Weld SO detentions is the way to go.

If if you are certified, I know that several of the small departments in NoCo have literally gotten zero usable applicants in recent hiring cycles. Even Windsor got almost nothing.
                Last edited by tanksoldier; 11-26-2020, 09:11 PM.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Iamkre8
                  Iamkre8 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sucks. But seems like a great opportunity for someone who is certified and willing to travel

Keep in mind though, the Weld County Jail is a true direct supervision facility. You will spend 10-12 hours in a housing unit with anywhere from 10-100 inmates depending on the unit. Just wanted to throw that out there; can be a shock for some people, especially those coming from non-direct supervision facilities.

EDIT: That said, Weld is now topping out at ~$88,000 a year. Only down side is it’s a 9 year top out, which is high for Colorado. A couple years ago they were considering a lateral program, might be worth looking in to.
                Last edited by B.Farn; 11-30-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Next 2021 opening for weld I'm going for it. I'm keeping my options open however

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
                    Next 2021 opening for weld I'm going for it. I'm keeping my options open however
                    If you're serious I can put you in touch with the Training Coordinator there. Let me know.

Comment

• Iamkre8
                      Iamkre8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm serious but I have to wait until March 2021 to reapply. Still send the info if you can please.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3707 users online. 201 members and 3506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X