300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department standstill

I've been a detention deputy here in Colorado, a dispatcher in Texas, and now I'm back in Colorado (just became an Uncle), it seems/ feels like law enforcement processes are at a standstill. I recieved 3 emails from different agencies canceling their process alltogether. I recently got back on this forum and it feels dead. Moving back has been a great decision but even trying to reach out and learn about departments has proven very difficult. No ride alongs, hiring events, or coffee with a cop to ask about their department. Guess I'll cool my jets and wait till after November/ Civil War 2.0.

I can't speak for CO, but around here departments have definitely slowed down their hiring. Our department was able to get 1 final hiring process in by starting it the day before a mandated hiring freeze went into effect. Plus, they haven't allowed ride-alongs, or any non-essential personnel visits to the PD, since March.

Comment

No slowdown for us. My agency just put 80 ppl in to background investigations and we may hire 25ish in the next 2 years easily.

Comment

Have you tried Denver Sheriff?

Comment

• Iamkre8
          Iamkre8 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking into them awhile ago back when I was strictly trying to do patrol but now I'm more open to starting out in detentions.

• retired1995
          retired1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          The form of government in Denver is a city-county entity, there is no separation of the two as is more common elsewhere. The sheriff runs the jail and serves the judicial functions while the Denver Police Department conducts general law enforcement functions. The only way to transition from sheriff/corrections to police/patrol would be by going through the DPD hiring process, academy, training, and certification.

Certification as a detention officer is not the same as peace officer certification.

Another note: What is commonly referred to as Denver actually consists of a dozen cities spanning multiple counties, each with its own law enforcement agencies. The actual City and County of Denver is only a small part of the metropolitan area.

Ummmm m....COVID. Cutbacks. Politics. Tax losses.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Ummmm m....COVID. Cutbacks. Politics. Tax losses.
          It's to bad, I think a decent amount of people have decided through all this the law enforcement is a calling and departments are missing out on some genuinely great candidates.

Comment

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Some are still hiring just have to find out which ones.

Originally posted by youngqueso View Post
          Have you tried Denver Sheriff?
          I have not, but have also heard through a handful of my friends to avoid Denver/Aurora like the plague since they have been the primary areas for protests. They could be wrong, so much misinformation right now

Comment

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aurora is hiring. I was in their process but didn't make it all the way through. They're methodologies seem to be all over the place tho.

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Denver sheriff doesn't do patrols so I don't protest are their concerns at the moment. They are mainly detentions

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
          No slowdown for us. My agency just put 80 ppl in to background investigations and we may hire 25ish in the next 2 years easily.
          Are you in Colorado?

Comment

Davet223 I'm actually in process with a sheriff department. You are right about a lot of departments halting their hiring process. But there are some still trying to feel positions. A few of the mountain counties and smaller cities. I have a jail tour on Monday and this department I'm in the process with is trying to fill the position in November. So there's still hope out there. You're also right about this forum being dead. Since I've been here Colorado forum has been very slow moving.
            ‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
              I can't speak for CO, but around here departments have definitely slowed down their hiring. Our department was able to get 1 final hiring process in by starting it the day before a mandated hiring freeze went into effect. Plus, they haven't allowed ride-alongs, or any non-essential personnel visits to the PD, since March.
              It's to bad, I see this as an opportunity to get recruits who genuinely want to serve despite the msm and public opinion. Guess I'm in the minority

Comment

• Iamkre8
                Iamkre8 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm still actively trying. While also trying to better myself as a potential candidate.

What you feel has nothing to do with the realities of hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Davet223 View Post

Are you in Colorado?
                I'm in Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  What you feel has nothing to do with the realities of hiring.
                  Mom gonna disagree but thanks for chiming in

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

I'm in Illinois
                    God bless you!

Comment

Originally posted by Davet223 View Post

Mom gonna disagree but thanks for chiming in
                      Disagree with what, exactly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6917 users online. 367 members and 6550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X