300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora pd 2020-2021

Just curious to know if anyone is in the hiring process for aurora PD? I just had my phone interview with my background investigator (already called my references and dug into my past) I think it went ok. Wish the experience could've gone smoother for me but I'm thinking Im over overanalyzing it. Anyone know how hard it is to get on with Aurora? I'm going through the process for the august academy but I have also applied for the February academy just in case.

How long did you have to wait till you got the phone interview?

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was probably 2 or 3 weeks after they started processing my background and calling my references. It was about an hour and we just went over the my background packet. He asked a lot of clarifying questions

Okay, thanks.

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have they started processing your back ground yet? Do you know?

yeah, I don’t know. I took my polygraph a little over two weeks ago and have not heard anything since then
    Last edited by Handyandy; 06-07-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      From the time I took the polygraph until I was notified that I passed there was a couple weeks in between...I took my polygraph back in April

Okay, so they told you that you passed your polygraph before you got that phone call from the BI?

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah civil service tells if you pass and not... If you pass they tell you that you move on to backgrounds and it can take 1-2 months for the BI to reach out to you. My bi reached out to me a few days after the email from civil service. 2 or 3 weeks later I had the phone interview

Okay , so just curious but if you log into your account like where you can read messages between you and civil service, Their is a tab that says application and at the bottom it tells you your status, what does your say?

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean through governmentjobs.com? I usually read my messages from them in my personal email.

Yeah, you log in there and then on the top right corner their is a person image and you click on that and it’s has a option for application and you click on that and it shows your status

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah I gotcha. Yeah I know what you are talking about now

Yeah. It looks like this before you log in

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Noted......

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok yeah I'm familiar with that lol.... Yeah I usually check everyday for new job postings

Handyandy says backgrounds assigned

Comment

Haha yeah I figured. Well you are way further than me in the process so I hope I make it all the way!

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        What's your band a priority number?

You'll make it through! We both will!!! (I like staying positive) The academy is supposed to start on August 17th and they are supposed to have 35 seats to fill! The civil service commission meets the second Tuesday of every month to decide who moves along through the hiring process. Next meeting is Tuesday 9th hopefully we both hear good news.

I am in band 3 and my number was 234. What was yours?

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Band 3 that's like band c?

I'm band b priority 149

Yeah, you are well ahead of me. Let me know how your journey goes! Don’t think I’ll get to where you are at.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't think like that!!! Stay positive!!! It took me two tries back to back to pass the PT exam so I'm hopeful just like you are!!! I'll keep this thread updated as things move along.

Iamkre8 Any news from Aurora yet?

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I wasn't selected for this academy I'll have to reapply in a year. I guess those discrepancies I was worried about doing the phone interview were actually something to really worry about.

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any update for you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 394 members and 5479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X