300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver County Sheriff’s Lateral

Is there anyone in here that has lateraled to Denver County?

The city and county of Denver are contiguous. There is no place that is the county of Denver that is not also the city of Denver. The municipal and county governments are combined into one entity: the City and County of Denver.

Denver’s “sheriff” is appointed, not elected. He doesn’t hold the “office” of Sheriff and the agency is not considered a “sheriff’s office” , it’s a “sheriff department” a very important political distinction. All the powers of the Sheriff are held by the Chief of Denver PD. The Denver sheriff department only does detentions and court security. There is no patrol function at all, and their academy is non POST certifying, though you can maintain your POST certification if you lateral there already certified.

Denver’s jail has the highest rate of assaults on staff of any jail in the state, and the deputies have virtually no authority to enforce discipline within the jail and no support from their chain of command or local elected officials. Denver has an office of independent police oversight, and the cameras in the jail are used more to monitor staff than to monitor inmates.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Denver81
      Denver81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything you have stated in here I already know about. What I am looking for is, anyone's experience when it comes to coming Denver as a lateral.

Originally posted by Denver81 View Post
    Is there anyone in here that has lateraled to Denver County?
    You’re better off asking one of the jail staff personally, to my knowledge no one who is active on this forum works there.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I've never ever heard of someone lateraling to Denver SO, usually they lateral OUT of Denver SO. Huge difference with politics and morale between Denver PD and SO, even tho they're both under the same city. I'd avoid the SO. If you want to work corrections, many of the surrounding agencies have much better morale, some with even better pay.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontRangeCop View Post
        I've never ever heard of someone lateraling to Denver SO, usually they lateral OUT of Denver SO. Huge difference with politics and morale between Denver PD and SO, even tho they're both under the same city. I'd avoid the SO. If you want to work corrections, many of the surrounding agencies have much better morale, some with even better pay.
        I’ve met people who lateraled there in the distant past. In the last 5-7 years nobody works for Denver Sheriff who has another choice, even if they want to make detentions/ corrections their career.

Id work for CDOC first....
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7494 users online. 364 members and 7130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X