300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adams County Bailiff

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this position. It’s a temporary position non benefit. Does anyone know What the hours are like? Do they supply Uniforms and equipment? Is there a possibility to be hired as a full time Deputy? What’s the typical length of service considering it’s temporary? Any insight would help!

Check and make sure what a bailiff actually is in Colorado.

In Colorado the Sheriff of each county is required by statute to provide security for the County court, and District courts sitting within his county.

That is provided by the Sheriff's Deputies.

A bailiff is a court employee who looks after a jury and reports to the Jury Commissioner, who is usually the Clerk of Court or a deputy clerk.. They are not equipped or trained as law enforcement officers and have no security role.

The Adams County job looks like a part time deputy position. They are calling it a "bailiff" because in most other states that's what the job title would be... but it's a part-time court deputy job. It looks like it will be for muni court cases held at the jail. You have to be POST certified and most applicants will probably be retirees.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-14-2019, 01:50 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11969 users online. 454 members and 11515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X