300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arapahoe County

I applied for a job with Arapahoe County and have completed (passed) all of the steps including:test, interview, medical, poly, psych and background. I am waiting for my provisional POST certification (fingerprint background with CBI) to be finished.

Are there any serious problems with the department that people know about?
    I am sure they have little problems (every department does) but is there anything I should be aware of.

I am getting ready move down to Aurora and start all over and I would hate to do it if I am going to be miserable. I have heard form some people that it is a good department with excelent benefits.

Any help would be apreciated.

My trainee just came from there, small world.

Said most have to spend time in the jail before going to the street. He really didn't have anything to bad to say though (then again he could just be keeping it to himself).

Congrats on getting on and good luck!

Comment

My brother in law works for them, his only complaint was that too many people fail the FTO program to get to the streets. Other than that he likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by pressm4n View Post
        My brother in law works for them, his only complaint was that too many people fail the FTO program to get to the streets. Other than that he likes it.
        Out of curiosity, I asked him for more details...he said the same thing. His words were "to many" also.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Aurora is a rapidly growing area, should be busy.

Comment

If you are moving to Aurora...why not look at Aurora PD? We are a great group And you don't have to start off in the jail.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ACOP2B View Post
            If you are moving to Aurora...why not look at Aurora PD? We are a great group And you don't have to start off in the jail.

Good luck!
            thats a little bias isn't it?

Comment

I'll second that, a great department. I had a ride-a-long 3 weeks ago and got a chance to meet a few officers. I am 3/4 of the way through with Denver but I think I am convinced to also apply with Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                thats a little bias isn't it?
                Hehe...maybe a little

Good to hear, Fordman. Great training. Next basic class is November and lateral class is August, I think. If you have any questions, shoot me an email.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I applied as a lateral so I should go straight to patrol. The backgroud investigator said it all depends on how much road experience you have and the availible openings. He also said that there are some openings now and not a lot o people that have the 3 years of road experience to go to patrol this time around.

I was planning on applying for Aurora, but I've been to two academies already and not to keen on going to another.

When I spoke to the HR Sergeant he said that if I do have to start in the jail, there is an abundance of overtime. I'm a overtime whore in our department so the are positives either way.

Hope to see you guys in Colorado.

Comment

Just so you know you will be making 50,000 yr or more depending on your years as a PO to sit in a class room for 12 weeks with aurora. That and they are much easier on laterals than they are on the basics....
                    just an idea

Comment

So if you fail the FTO on the road they send you to the jail?

Comment

Most of the info I've heard about Arapahoe is all second or third hand, so I can't claim it to be all that accurate. I do know for sure that they are always hurting for people.

I have also heard that they often will promise new folks a lateral position to patrol, but when it comes time to actually start… all of the sudden, the only open positions are in the jail. I’ve also heard that it’s easy to get kicked out of patrol FTO program and get sent to the jail. Or even after you’ve been working patrol for a while, if you get in trouble (deservedly or not)… it’s back to the jail you go.

Maybe they just have high standards for road deputies, or maybe they just need excuses to keep the jail staffed.
                        "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5894 users online. 345 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X