300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy of CRS

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but I'm not having much luck finding what I'm looking for.

Where could I purchase a printed copy (ie book) of the Colorado Revised Statutes pertaining to law enforcement? My bf in AZ intends to lateral up here within the next year, and asked if I'd look into getting a copy.

Also, has anyone used this book?
    http://bookstore.lexis.com/bookstore/product/49796.html

Many thanks in advance!

Colorado Peace Officers Handbook

Hi...I am about to graduate the academy and I own the book in the link you reference. It is wonderful. It contains not only Title 18 (criminal code), but also Title 42 (traffic) and other Title #'s that will be beneficial. The academy provided a copy of the CRS..but I find this handbook more useful. Definitely worth buying!

Good luck to your BF!

Comment

That book by far is the best for CRS...safe to say it's sitting in every patrol car in the state too.

There is a certain technique in reading it...be sure to read the "Definitions" section at the beginning of each chapter before getting into the elements and degrees of crimes. If you don't well, you'll be flipping way to many pages...trust me .

Most of the traffic statutes are there (not all though).

Comment

I agree that this book is pretty much standard issue for peace officers all over the state. The field procedure manual in the back is very handy.

If you can find a copy, I would also recommend something called the "Colorado Peace Officers Source Book." It is really just a grey three ring binder, but has a lot of info on things like search and seizure, civil matters, interviewing, probable cause, etc… I’m not really sure where to get it other than a bookstore at a community college with a POST academy.
        "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

Comment

The Colorado Peace Officers Statutory Source Book is good, probably not as good as the peace officer handbook, but it has title 18 and a lot of information on title 42, just not detailed info. The source book is sold through the Colorado Police Protective Association. I think its like $25. You can go to cppa.net and take a look.

Comment

Use the link at the top of this post to order the CRS book or you can go to Neves Uniforms at 5120 Osage St., in Denver and probably buy it there too.

Comment

Thank you for all the input!! I'll picking up both the books you all recommended

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6622 users online. 362 members and 6260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X