300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

Hi all I find myself in need of some advice that only law enforcement can give.

First, my background; I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, did an internship, and have completed a non cert academy through a local agency. I completed field training in the jail for Pods, central command, pod tower, and ended up being placed on remedial for booking. My initial trainer was a long time non cert in the jail who continually mentioned being overlooked for POST. I was given remedial training and was told that I was showing great improvement in all fields ie intake, processing, booking, and release. Ultimately I was terminated while in the booking phase of detentions training. Looking back, I did all I could with what I was given and feel like I am still called to serve in law enforcement.

Where I am in need of advice is am I 'marked' having been in law enforcement and having been fired? I also am considering putting myself through POST at Arapahoe community college or Red Rocks. Would getting POST be worth it?

Im 29 years old, 6' tall and have an athletic build. In the non cert academy I was 2nd or 3rd in everything and 1st in driving.

Thanks all and stay safe.
    Last edited by Molonlab308; 04-09-2018, 02:05 PM.

Against my better intuition I will dip my toe in this one. Depends. Per POST a LEO in CO will have their record follow them. You are telling us one thing. What the agency you worked for might be a whole different thing.

The other thing is what a smaller agency looks for as opposed to a bigger agency that gets many applications and can be picky. If you just sucked and booking people in that is one thing. That could possibly be over looked. If you did something ethically wrong or something else that may not have risen to the level of a crime but, would make you persona non grata then that would put you in a very different light.

PS, not sure what a non-cert is. If you were a civilian working in a jail then you were not a LEO. The other thing that I, as a future employer, would be concerned about would be that you were put on remedial training and then eventually let go.

Hose draggers are always looking for a few good.........um.......whatevers.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Thanks for your .02 cents. Im okay, not thrilled about running into a burning building with 40lbs of gear on.
      Last edited by Molonlab308; 04-10-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Ya but, most of it is sleeping, playing video games, making meals, and polishing their brass.
        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I've seen officers washout and go onto other departments and do just fine.

Comment

My agency has about a 20% washout rate. I would say 80% of those that washout go on to have successful careers at other agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
              Ya but, most of it is sleeping, playing video games, making meals, and polishing their brass.
              Haha sounds...interesting. I will be continuing my pursuit of a career in law enforcement. If getting prepared includes working out, eating healthy, practicing shooting, and staying away from drugs...it cant hurt. Still deciding on POST however. Thanks all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4486 users online. 271 members and 4215 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X