300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Way (WA) wants Colorado Police Laterals! $5000 signing bonus

We are currently down 5 positions and Laterals are being moved to the front of the background list. We will make it easy for you to do the testing background process. (+$7500 upon successful 6 month probation). We are starting a "retiring" cycle right now and want laterals keep the machine running smoothly.

Current pay will range from $5407-7416 a month (depends on experience +$7500 signing bonus).Before education and career development pay (up to 10.25% added)

We have just added 50 hours of sick bank, 50 hours of vacation bank and a take home car program has been created. We are still down 5, so now is the time to make the move!

This is our lateral process:

1. Take the written test in your state near where you live. (no travel, No physical agility)
    2. Skype oral boards (no travel yet)
    3. Phone call pre-background interview (still no travel)
    4. If you pass 2 & 3, we will come to you for an onsite eval at your agency. (still no travel)
    5. If you pass 4, you will finally need to travel to meet our chief and upon positive review- you pick your start date.
    6. While you are in town, you will need to take and pass the Polygraph, Medical, and Psych- (usually done in two days).

How easy is that? You don't have to spend money on travel until you have already passed the background!

For more information, call me at 253-835-6737 or go to our website at www.FWRecruiting.com

Did I mention $7500? $2500 upon qualifying for the equivalency academy, $2500 at the end of the six month probation, and $2500 upon one year anniversary..

Curtis Tucker, Admin Officer
    Federal Way Police (WA)

PS, yes, Washington is a MJ Legal State, you should feel right at home here!
    Last edited by C Tucker; 08-30-2018, 03:59 PM. Reason: incentive error.
    I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

The signing bonus has been increased to $7500! Three equal payments: 1st paycheck, at 6 mos, and one year!

Comment

• SunDevil
      SunDevil commented
      Editing a comment
      I have NEVER seen a better process for laterals, thumbs up. I am 48 with baggage wish I was younger

Pick up and move to Washington to a higher cost of living for only $7500. Eh, no thanks. I don't want to have to pay more for a burger because some cupcake wanted $15/hr to screw up my order. I can get that here for less and a more reasonable cost of living.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

• SunDevil
      SunDevil commented
      Editing a comment
      Tank dudes looking in WA, give him a heads up

Do I hear 10,000? Bueller, bueller

Comment

Lots of agencies out in WA are offering $10,000 bonus with one at $15,000. They're hurting for cops and WA state has the lowest officer per citizen ratio in the entire United States.

Comment

Because they hate cops but, still need them. They are so frickin liberal that no one wants to be a cop up there in addition to the cost of living. Who wants to work in an area where the elected official are always condemning the police and then turn around and tie their hands.

Liberals need to study physics more. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Boooya. Mic drop.
        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Well, that's not really the case, our council loves us. Yep, it cost more to live in Seattle, but we are 20 miles south of there and most of our officers live in Pierce County, just on our south border.

Now lets look at the numbers. If you decide to retire at 54 years of age with 20 years of service:
          If you are making an average of $52k a year in Colorado, what will your retirement benefit be on that average? (20 years at 41.12%* = $21k or $1,700 a month)
          If you are making $90k here and retire, how much will you get? (20 years at 40% = $36k or $3,000 a month) We are also don't have a personal income tax, nor do we pay into social security = even more savings.

So, yep it costs a little more to live here, but with the housing boom going, anything you buy will increase in value immediately and your going to have a nice retirement in 20.

*Numbers taken from SWDBP brochure dated 12/16

Comment

$52k is a very low assumption for the metro areas, maybe the more rural areas, but most Denver metro agencies top out between $80-87K within 5 years, less as a lateral. With OT most topped out guys are pulling in over 100k a year.

Comment

Comparing state to state as wholes for cost of living isn't exactly benefitial, as both states have high cost metro areas and lower cost rural areas. Depends on what you want and what you value. Also saying that the entire state of WA hates cops is no different than saying CO is only pot smoking hippies. Good and bad people are everywhere and in every state. The only things that are certain in life are death, taxes, and the Dallas Cowgirls choking in the playoffs.
              Last edited by COMoparfan392; 10-18-2017, 01:09 PM.
              "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. If one is making the upper end of the scale and they like where they are, then you should stay. I am just trying to provide context to those that get stuck on the cost of living as a reason not to move.

Comment

We are still hiring, we have upped the signing bonus to $7500, just added 50 hours of sick bank, 50 hours of vacation bank and a take home car program has been created. We are still down 5, so now is the time to make the move!

our current pay scale is $5407-7706 a month.

Comment

• SunDevil
                    SunDevil commented
                    Editing a comment
                    5 doesn’t sound like a lot, is there some retirement movement in the near future?

Yes, there will be lots of room to grow...we are on schedule to lose 7-10 officers a year due to retirements alone. If you add in other things that create attrition, you can see that we are gonna be hurting if we cannot keep hiring.

if you have any questions, give me a call or visit our recruiting website.

Curtis Tucker
                  253-835-6737

Home Page for the Federal Way Police Recruiting Site

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2250 users online. 136 members and 2114 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X