Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Junction and Arvada

Hello,

I've been applying around at different agencies in my state, but thought I would try my luck in another state as well. Seeing as my visits to Colorado have always been pleasant enough for me to want to stay, I chose to apply around here. I applied to both Grand Junction and Arvada. Both cities accepted my application and have moved me forward in the process. GJ would have me travel up in 2 weeks. Arvada wants me to submit documents or withdraw by next Thursday, then travel up in mid-August.

As an out of stater, travelling and staying up there twice in such a short time span would be kind of costly (and wont make my current employer too happy). I've been thinking about withdrawing from one agency and concentrating on the other, but they both seem like excellent places to work. Can anyone share their experiences of information on either department?

Thank you.

All LE jobs get a massive amount of applicants and the testing is standard with all. Its pretty much up to you as both agencies offer quite a bit. GJ is my home town and has a credible department and worth the time, but Arvada is in the metro area of the state and has as much to offer. GJ is a fair sized area but Arvada is on the eastern slope and has access to all that. All around the Denver area offers a lot more cop job opportunities.

GJ in a hot summer is 98-105 daytime and Aravada is 87-95.....your call.

Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it snow a lot in Grand junction? Cold Winters?

Thanks for the reply.

Grand Junction has impressed me with the way they handle the hiring process so far. The out of state testing and interviews is condensed into one, 2 day trip. They also called me within one hour of submitting my PHS and told me they liked what they saw and that I'll have a phone interview at this date, at this time, and told me the questions they will be asking. Usually I just get an automated email.

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get on with Grand junction?

Glad you PM'd me, Toledos. Hope you have an amazing career, wherever you end up!

Langford, I'm sure you already know what I said in that PM, hahaha

Comment

Got an idea ......... Hope all is good, great to see you around.
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

PM me. I work for one of the agencies you have applied to.

Comment

• Iamkre8
          Iamkre8 commented
          Editing a comment
          You work for grand junction?

Is arvada 20 years and done? Hows there retiring plan? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanjam456 View Post
          Is arvada 20 years and done? Hows there retiring plan? Thanks in advance.
          Nope, Arvada has a money purchase plan (glorified 401K type), where Officers contribute 12% with a city match and graduated vesting. You'll need to manage the fund yourself just as you would a 401k.

Comment

• SunDevil
            SunDevil commented
            Editing a comment
            I was hearing most of colorado went that route as well. As for the OP’s 20 and done I am in California on my 28 th year and a ways to go, the 20 sounds like a New York thing

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4007 users online. 243 members and 3764 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X