Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone looking to apply too Jefferson county SD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking to apply too Jefferson county SD?

I guess they have two academies planned for 2015. Any info would be appreciated..

I put in an app. Testing wont be until next year for me since I'm out of state

Comment

I applied- only info I know is they lost a lot of people due to pay issues. I know of a few S/O's that picked up a lot of Jeff. Co deputies. As of know I don't know how many are being hired next year haven't asked, but I assume it's a lot. With the new sheriff I foresee changes as well likely for the better

Comment

I highly DO NOT recommend them. I left them and I couldn't be happier. Just to put it in perspective, they have lost about 80 deputies alone in 2014. They can't keep anyone due to issues that aren't being addressed because "they have no control over the issues" (BS). However, if that is all you can get, take it. But if you have other offers don't hesitate to pass up on Jeffco. And the new sheriff was part of the old problem so it's just more of the same.

Comment

"they have no control over the issues" (BS)
          What issues, specifically? I know they've had pay problems, anything else?
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

staffing issues to where it becomes an officer safety issue but they expect you to do it anyway even when unsafe, they do not have your back on decisions you make (as for the jail, they care about the inmates more than the deputies), nepotism or good ol' boys club to go anywhere in the department, freezing step-in-grades, takes 10 years to top out now (but you can't since they are frozen), increase healthcare costs, decrease how much they contribute to 401(a), micromanage the **** out of you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6348 users online. 350 members and 5998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X