300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Marshall

I work out of state and observed a job opening for a Chief Marshall position. Can anyone explain to me what is the role of a Chief Mashall? Do they have the same authority of certified law enforcement officers? The closest I can relate is a Chief of Police. I am just thrown off by the Marshall. The Marshals in my state are usually U.S. Federal or deputy sheriffs sworn in by the Feds to work in a task force. Thank you

http://www.policeone.com/police-jobs...office-hugo-co
    Last edited by 3rd_Watch; 10-13-2014, 08:36 PM.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." President John F. Kennedy

They are full authority peace officers under state statute, just like police officers, deputies, and state patrolmen. I always assumed they were just like police officers/chiefs, just for much smaller towns, and in turn carry out all of the same tasks. I've never actually met one nor worked with one as we do not have any in our county.

Comment

Originally posted by kaju View Post
      They are full authority peace officers under state statute, just like police officers, deputies, and state patrolmen. I always assumed they were just like police officers/chiefs, just for much smaller towns, and in turn carry out all of the same tasks. I've never actually met one nor worked with one as we do not have any in our county.
      Thank you for the clarification
      "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." President John F. Kennedy

Comment

Colorado has two types of marshals and deputy marshals:

1. "Town Marshal/ Deputy Marshal", a traditional title usually used in smaller towns for their municipal law enforcement. Telluride, Alma and many other small or rural towns use the title.

2. "Municipal Court Marshal", as either a division of a municipal police department or a division of the municipal court, they provide security for the courts, serve warrants and perform prisoner transport functions. They must be POST certified but are only considered peace officers while on duty. Given their limited role, LEOSA and Colorado's firearms laws that's really a minor consideration. Arvada, Lakewood and Colorado Springs are examples of towns or cities with Municipal Court Marshals.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5892 users online. 347 members and 5545 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X