300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Denver some help?

Got a fed job in Denver know zero about the area. I will be coming out first so will need a small apt or room mate or something? Any suggestions? Family will be out in the summer. Any info would be cool!

Exactly where in Denver? If you're military or retiree look into Buckley ARB's TLF.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I was military not any more I will be working in downtown denver.

Comment

Consider the apartments near the RTD rail station in Lone Tree. The train goes right downtown.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I am breaking my bump rule. Try Stapleton for the fam. Good area. Don't know about the schools. From there I would try Highlands Ranch/Lone Tree. If you are making Big Bucks/No whammy's then I would try Cherry Creek. There you are looking in the million dollar range. There and Greenwood Village. There are apartments downtown, but they will cost you a pretty penny depending on where you look. If the price is reasonable then there is a reason for it.
          Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
            I am breaking my bump rule. Try Stapleton for the fam. Good area. Don't know about the schools. From there I would try Highlands Ranch/Lone Tree. If you are making Big Bucks/No whammy's then I would try Cherry Creek. There you are looking in the million dollar range. There and Greenwood Village. There are apartments downtown, but they will cost you a pretty penny depending on where you look. If the price is reasonable then there is a reason for it.
            lol Well It seemed like big money to me until I saw the price of houses out there!! I guess there is a reason the pay is good in Denver!

Comment

The market has come back better in the Denver Metro area than other places in Colorado and the country. You can find more reasonable places to live, but you will have to commute. Choices choices
              Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Yeah I will be flying solo for alittle while to scout the area! Lol cant believe wife would trust me to make that call! There will deff be a buffalo wings restaurant in walking distance.

Comment

Highlands Ranch or Parker is a great place to live. Highlands Ranch has lots of Recreation Centers to work out in, Parker has a great downtown and smaller feel. Both are in Douglas County, about 20 miles south of Denver.
                  Be safe pulling back into the thread...
                  http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

Just another consideration I-25 and I-70 traffic is pretty bad during the peak hours 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm, C470 on the west side of town is probably our best highway drive times are pretty good along there. Southwest Jeffco/Littleton area is very nice and very reasonably priced.

Comment

One thing to consider is the current white hot housing market. The current cost of decent housing is a result of a building slump from our most recent depression, also the market is investor driven as well, according to my real estate sources. I would wait a year or two to get a feel for the area to avoid paying more than you should. In some areas houses that went for 225 to 250k are currently pushing 400k.

Rent will also kill you, but buying some time could save you a lot in the long run. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6267 users online. 343 members and 5924 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X