300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adams County Sheriff

I was reading through the forums on Adams County and haven't been able to find much? Anyone going to the Oral boards coming up on the 10th?

Anyone have any advice?

Bump..... looking for some answers on this

Comment

I actually went through these oral boards I passed what about yourself. Would like to know if you have been contacted by the investigator yet

Comment

I did I passed got the letter stating I was in the top 20! I have not been contacted by a BI. Looks like there will be five people with out a position at the end. Seeing as they are only "hiring" 15 of us.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshP View Post
          I actually went through these oral boards I passed what about yourself. Would like to know if you have been contacted by the investigator yet
          You still active josh? You received any contact yet?

Comment

Yup my bad, yea I made the top 20 also! I just took the suitability exam on Friday the 21st. And took the Cvsa already also. Suppose to hear back from the BI about my suitability results any day now

Comment

Today I received my unconditional offer of employment! all i have left is another psych test that the detective told me is not as invasive as the first. and a physical exam and that is it if pass both ill start training january 8th

Comment

Any new updates? I'm in the process as well.
                Last edited by justin_Z-71; 12-03-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

yes!

Originally posted by justin_Z-71 View Post
                  Any new updates? I'm in the process as well.
                  I have received conditional offer of employment. I have passed the medical and just waiting for phase 2 of psych eval to be reviewed.

Josh P we actually are doing payroll and benefits on the 8th and 9th, training starts the 12th.

Comment

That's great!! Good for you. Who was your Background Investigator?

Comment

Originally posted by justin_Z-71 View Post
                      That's great!! Good for you. Who was your Background Investigator?

My background investigator was Detective white.
                      And I'm completely finished with everything, I have did my psych on Dec 3rd, just went back to get the results for my medical on the 10th.

So now all I'm waiting for is the official offer I'm hopefully getting

Comment

Funny but I was just called by HR and I received my official offer of employment from adams county an hour ago. very exciting time for me and my family. =) hope everything goes well for you guys also.

Comment

I as well!

Originally posted by JoshP View Post
                          Funny but I was just called by HR and I received my official offer of employment from adams county an hour ago. very exciting time for me and my family. =) hope everything goes well for you guys also.
                          Funny thing Josh I received my final offer the same day!

I was given the go ahead to go find some boots and head out the 8th. Starting pay is to start at $38,260.00 while we are in the academy, but I was told there will be a 2% COL raise. Our first official day will be January 8th on which we will swear in.

I was also given some fun fact information I am the youngest person to make it this far in the process and am the youngest person ever hired on the Department!

Excited to get started can't wait to meet you on January 8th. My name is Tyler by the way!

Comment

I wanted to ask what is the written portion on and what times of questions do they ask on the oral boards. I applied for academy cadet and supported to do written on 2/1. Then if I pass physical, battery and oral same day. Thank you much!

Comment

I have a test on 4/3 and it’s an all day test, looks like they are knocking out about 4 in one day.

looks like I will be testing

written test
                              phisical ability test.
                              fitness test
                              Panel interview.

not sure what comes after that but here’s hoping.

How did your tests go?

From my my understanding the written is a basic reading/writing and math test.

i have not taken adcos test yet but I’ve taken a few other departments and it was examples like finding synonymous words, finding grammar errors, and a math section.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4083 users online. 189 members and 3894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X