300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Slope Agencies

I have been looking into Montrose/Delta/Grand Junction police agencies. I have some questions for you police veterans out there.

Do they not have public employee type retirement? Just that 401k IMAC or whatever it is called. Is that enough to retire on with employer contributions?

Also any current info on these agencies would be helpful as well.

Do they not have public employee type retirement? Just that 401k IMAC or whatever it is called. Is that enough to retire on with employer contributions?
    It varies from agency to agency. Some buy into the state retirement plan, some have their own... some just have the 401a.

Often it's not enough to retire on by itself.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Wouldn't recommend Grand Junction PD to anyone. I'll PM you more information. And no, Colorado as a whole doesn't have a public safety retirement system, at least not the way Arizona and other states do. GJ was all 401K plans.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why is that?

Originally posted by Reiland View Post
      Wouldn't recommend Grand Junction PD to anyone. I'll PM you more information. And no, Colorado as a whole doesn't have a public safety retirement system, at least not the way Arizona and other states do. GJ was all 401K plans.
      LMAO!........You talk'n 'bout the home of the hommie whatch you got, Willis? heehee......so so funny. Girl, I love your posts ....... and that avatar!!!

Btw, I wouldn't recommend then either.
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why is that? I've heard nothing but good things. Granted this post is older.

I am focusing on Montrose PD at the moment.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did that work out for you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6401 users online. 353 members and 6048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X