300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town of Morrison?

OK, nobody knows anything about the Division of Gaming.

Anybody familiar with the Town of Morrison PD, specifically it's reserve program?

My current agency allows "double badgeing" as long as there's no concurrent jurisdiction. I was thinking about applying to be a reserve officer with Morrison to get some road experience.

Anybody?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Nope, sorry, got nothing on them either. But I'd recommend one of the larger county SO's in the Denver area for a reserve program....lots of great experience there and I can't imagine much going on in Morrison. Good luck.
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Small town and small department with a couple of big challenges. Red Rocks Ampitheater and Bandemier Speedway. Primary issue being the traffic, in and out, of both venues when they're underway. Otherwise, a sleepy hollow. They will likely need "part-time" officers on concert and race dates.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

We've hired two officers in the last couple years that used to work part-time there. Neither had very good things to say about management.

For the most part, the part-time officers were required to buy most of their uniforms and equipment, received barely any training, and were sent out to write as many traffic tickets as possible. I was told that if they weren't writing at least 8-10 tickets a shift that they were getting chewed out. They would also often ignore insurance and license violations so that they could write their tickets into city court instead of county.

I was also surprised to find out that both Red Rocks and Bandimere Speedway are outside of the city limits, and the PD has little to do with them other than some traffic control when there are events.

I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad place, but just know what you'd being getting into.
        "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5621 users online. 318 members and 5303 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X