300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Oates

Curious what others think of the news that Chief Oates from Aurora is moving on? I'm curious if Aurora will go inside or seek another outside chief. I personally think there are probably plenty of good candidates within the organization. From an outside perspective he seemed like an excellent chief. I met him on a couple of occasions and he seemed very smart and was very brash like most New Yorkers. I've heard there were a lot of Aurora officers who didn't care for him, but I think that's common with most chiefs.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. True for Chief as well as rank and file. The one thing I have learned on this job is everyone is replaceable. Here is another one for you, "The devil you know may be better than the one you don't." Hopefully the dept gets a good chief to replace Oates. Don't know how good he was.

Damn, now I have to bump myself down again.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
      The one thing I have learned on this job is everyone is replaceable. Here is another one for you, "The devil you know may be better than the one you don't."
      Certainly agree with this. I've been through a few chief changes in my career and it always creates uncertainty. Good for Chief Oates it sounds like Miami Beach PD has had its share of problems, but it's a nice area and will definitely be a new challenge for him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3247 users online. 188 members and 3059 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X