300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms qualification

Hello all...... I am taking over the firearms/range master duties at my PD and I have a question. I thought I read somewhere that CO cops are statutoraly(sp) mandated to qualify with duty weapons at least twice a year. There is another officer here that says it is 4 times. I have looked everywhere and can't find anything?? Can you guys point me in the right direction?? I don't know where else to look. Thanks.
    “Fear not the night.

Fear that which walks the night.

And I am that which walks the night.

But only evil need fear me…

and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…

because I walk the night.”

My department qualifies twice a year, once outdoors in daylight, once indoors in low light. Not sure what the standards are, but I imagine we are within them. Hope that's a little help, sorry I can't give you a more specific answer.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to a range master from a neighboring city and he said that POST only requires once a year
      “Fear not the night.

Fear that which walks the night.

And I am that which walks the night.

But only evil need fear me…

and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…

because I walk the night.”

Comment

Originally posted by FutureCop1 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I spoke to a range master from a neighboring city and he said that POST only requires once a year
        Unfortuneately, he's right and that about as many times as we are required. Lucky for us the neighboring depatment helps out since we don't have any certified instructors yet due to a training error last week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3195 users online. 150 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X