X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Springs PD...

Anyone apply?

Pros/Cons to the dept. or area?
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Good agency, good area. They just started an academy. I don't know how many will be ran this year. Its really dependant on the economy.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Thanks Monkey.

I'm trying to get hired on as a lateral.
      I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

tagging for future reads. looking to CS possibly next year as a lateral.

Comment

Just an observation, but checked out their site and noticed that their recruitment video was comprised primarily with those having a military background.

Comment

That's probably because of the heavy military population. There are 5 miltary bases surrounding Colorado Springs.

Comment

You don't have to be military. As with most departments, the majority of officers have no prior military experience.
              Last edited by USMC Ret.; 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I've heard theyre having alot of budget problems right now, like everybody else I guess. I'm susprised they're running an academy it seems like they've been continually postponing them.

Comment

There were no academies in 2010, so attrition brought them down low enough to be able to hire new officers.

Comment

There were no cops hired for two years, but as others have mentioned there is an academy going on right now. They plan on having another one beginning in November, but I'm not sure if it will be the abbreviated lateral academy or the full-length (26 weeks!) recruit academy.

Others have mentioned budget problems. Yep, 10 STRAIGHT YEARS OF BUDGET CUTS!!!! I think the new city council will be more realistic than previous ones.

Morale pretty much sucks right now, but I haven't bought in to all the doom and gloom. PM for details.
                    MAC

Comment

Any update on if the November academy will be the full 26 weeks or just the lateral?

Comment

If the opinion of a non-LEO matters, every CSPD officer I've dealt with has been professional, courteous, and helpful. I've dealt with them both as a "customer" on the side of the road, and as someone needing their help. I was disappointed with one encounter involving my son a few years back, but IMHO it was the system that didn't work, not the cops themselves.

From the outside looking in, they seem like a good department. Just my unimportant two-cents-worth.
                        If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

LOL, I Spy how often do you get pulled over

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                            LOL, I Spy how often do you get pulled over
                            Haha, I figured someone who had personally run my record on the side of the road, you'd know that!

I had a streak of dumb moves on my part, ending with the day we met. Have kept my nose clean since!
                            If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4174 users online. 268 members and 3906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X