Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kieth M.
    replied
    The problem is, what does one do when the laser fails (dead battery, a bubble off-plumb)?

Iron sights...sight picture...smooth trigger press...follow through...a hole in the target, right where you want it and ready for the next shot.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    I think lasers at night would be more beneficial. Yeah something about seeing it on the chest of a peep. Crimson was on the handle so unless you clicked it off...it would be on target.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by OneGuy67 View Post
    Goes away from the old adage of "front sight press" and has the person looking for the red dot on target. I'm personally not in favor of them.
    ^^^This.

I got a laser when the department issued me a TLR-2. At first I was all excited about it. What I found out was that it slowed me down and changed the way I shot. I was much more productive without it. There are limited scenarios where the laser would be beneficial, but most of the time, I keep it off.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    Was at the range again and saw the same. A wonderful red dot bouncing all over the target. One of these times I am gonna ask them to borrow the gun and see what I can do.

Still think that an officer should not look to technology to say his/her butt. It would be funny to see a John Wayne movie with a laser on his six shooter and the reins to his horse in his mouth.
    When it comes down to it...if that what it takes...use it.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Was at the range again and saw the same. A wonderful red dot bouncing all over the target. One of these times I am gonna ask them to borrow the gun and see what I can do.

Still think that an officer should not look to technology to say his/her butt. It would be funny to see a John Wayne movie with a laser on his six shooter and the reins to his horse in his mouth.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
    Also great for working on your draw. Empty the gun out and draw like you would towards a threat, makes good practice.
    +1, If you don't like it for the field then at least you have a good training tool to use when off-duty.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    They work great at night. I liked them.

Leave a comment:

• OneGuy67
    replied
    Goes away from the old adage of "front sight press" and has the person looking for the red dot on target. I'm personally not in favor of them.

Leave a comment:

• USMARINE
    replied
    Also great for working on your draw. Empty the gun out and draw like you would towards a threat, makes good practice.

Leave a comment:

• Dep D
    replied
    They bounce because no person holds a pistol "Still".

They are great for coming on target and not having your view blocked by hands, arms and a pistol.

It can help you shoot better. You or a friend will be able to see the light move when you pull the trigger so you can evaluate your trigger control better.

Leave a comment:

• Broke Hoss
    replied
    I think that it is a crutch that is not necessary with good training
    Some truth to this. A weapon light is not "necessary", but is very applicable at time and very useful with proper training.

I say there is a time & place for them & it starts with a written policy for their use. I agree that training begins without them; they do not make you a better shot.

Leave a comment:

• Bounce
    replied
    Before you install it, discontinue all caffeine.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    started a topic To laser or not to laser

To laser or not to laser

I had a "Vigorous” discussion with a couple of old timers about adding a Crimson Trace laser to a gun. Believe it or not, I was not in favor of adding the laser. The old dogs were in favor of a new trick. I think that it is a crutch that is not necessary with good training. I have seen people at Whistling Pines using a laser site. I see the laser bouncing all over the target. Not sure if that is lack of experience as well.

What says the jury?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4876 users online. 313 members and 4563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X