X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    The process is resume' and then a sit down with the Chief and 2 Deputy Chief's. No running an obstacle course or ridicules math tests.
    Correct spelling also appears to be optional!

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Just got the Associates, working on Bachelors...don't think I will qualify yet.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Ya, that's why we have a bunch of retired LEOs from other agencies. For me it was a step up, believe it or not. The opening was created when Denver DA got one of ours for about 20k+ with the possibility of more above and beyond that. Can't get the extra penny from the people in the 4th.

Leave a comment:

• mac266
    replied
    I'd be taking a $26,000 pay cut to work in the same area. It's not worth it until I retire and start drawing a pension!

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    One slot open. Opening was posted in the Gazette on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Here we go again. We are loosing one of our new hires for medical reasons. Blow the dust off those resumes.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    The process is resume' and then a sit down with the Chief and 2 Deputy Chief's. No running an obstacle course or ridicules math tests.
    Great, I guess I will just wait and hope for a call for now.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Do we know what/when the next steps of the process are?

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    I appreciate it immensely thank you.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    If you need something let me know. I will give what advice I can.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    If I misinterpreted your comment, please accept my apologies. If pay at the DA’s Officer was commensurate with experience we would be making what the higher paid agencies in the 4th, as well as the state, make. Unfortunately, the DA, whomever it is at the time, has to go hat in hand to the County Commissioners and get his/her budget. Pay aside, 4th JD DA’s Office is top notch. If pay is your only qualification for the job then they will not be your cup of tea. If you are looking to get your foot in Colorado, looking for a spring board to something better, retired or going to retire, or it is a pay increase then the money at the 4th is not an issue and the work environment is excellent. Bottom line: If you are looking for top dollar, sorry not here. If someone takes into account all factors then drop your resume’ at the 4th.
    LOL,

Hell I applied since the starting pay is more than I make as a SGT. in the 4th JD.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    If I misinterpreted your comment, please accept my apologies. If pay at the DA’s Officer was commensurate with experience we would be making what the higher paid agencies in the 4th, as well as the state, make. Unfortunately, the DA, whomever it is at the time, has to go hat in hand to the County Commissioners and get his/her budget. Pay aside, 4th JD DA’s Office is top notch. If pay is your only qualification for the job then they will not be your cup of tea. If you are looking to get your foot in Colorado, looking for a spring board to something better, retired or going to retire, or it is a pay increase then the money at the 4th is not an issue and the work environment is excellent. Bottom line: If you are looking for top dollar, sorry not here. If someone takes into account all factors then drop your resume’ at the 4th.

Leave a comment:

• Monkeybomb
    replied
    LOL,

Relax. Some of my good friends work for the DA's office as D.A's and D.A's Investigators and several others that have moved on. I am very familiar with them and their experience level which varies. I don't recall saying anything negative about the DA's office or it's investigators several of which hang out right here on O.com. I am extremely familiar with the 4th judicial district and all of the Law Enforcement agencies that are there. So I was making an unbiased observation. Not an attack.
    Last edited by Monkeybomb; 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Monkeybomb, how wrong you are. Most of the individuals at the DA's Office have as much if not more experience than other agencies in the 4th. There are retired officers from some of these agencies in the 4th at the Office. Unfortunately the DA is limited to what the County Commissioners are willing to give to the 4th. Dan May and Larry Martin have both gone to the Commissioners and requested better pay. The Investigators do as much as the locals. The Investigators are at the same level as Det. in other agencies. The 4th, in 1 year, prosecutes more felony cases than any other JD in Colorado. Monkeybomb, makes me wonder if you have an axe to grind with the 4th?!?
    Last edited by IAM Rand; 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3423 users online. 198 members and 3225 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X