300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th JD District Attorney's Office looking for Investigator

The DA's Office is in the process of hiring an Investigator for 1 slot, possibly a second down the road. Looking for someone with experience, road/det. preferred. Someone with a great deal of road may make up for not being a detective. Money isn't super awesome but, may get better. 4th has the most trials yearly in the state.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Where is it posted? It's not up on their web page yet.

Comment

They may not post it. 1 may be leaving in a couple weeks. Send in an app.

Comment

What is the starting pay likely to be? And when do you think they are looking to hire somebody?

Comment

Not a bad D.A.'s office, either. I've never had a problem with them accepting any of my cases. On all big stuff, they always send a D.A.'s investigator and a D.D.A. to the scene. Very professional people.

Comment

Don't quote me; I think $41,400 + bene's. If you are drawing a pension somewhere else and this is supplemental then it is good. Dan May has been trying to get El Paso to give us more $$. We just lost one to DOR working the auto detail down here. Another benefit is Mon-Fri, Nights and weekends off. You do have on call time for homicides and Officer involved shooting. Hit or miss on that. I think that it is listed on Monster.com. We now need 2 Investiagtors.

Comment

I could not view the qualifications for this job. IAM Rand could you twll me what they are please?

Comment

Does the salary go up significantly after someone has proven they can do the job? Just seems pretty low for someone you are expecting to have the background and knowledge to help investigate complex cases like officer involved shootings.

Comment

They don't pay comparative to the law enforcement agencies in the 4th judicial district. The investigators usually have much less experience than the surrounding agencies. The work is generally not a the level of a detective at a Standard Law Enforcement agency. Not a bad place to work. Just different.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

This pay is strikingly low. I was always under the impression that the DA's Investigators were among the most talented and experienced investigators, rivaling their PD/SO counterparts.

Comment

Monkeybomb, how wrong you are. Most of the individuals at the DA's Office have as much if not more experience than other agencies in the 4th. There are retired officers from some of these agencies in the 4th at the Office. Unfortunately the DA is limited to what the County Commissioners are willing to give to the 4th. Dan May and Larry Martin have both gone to the Commissioners and requested better pay. The Investigators do as much as the locals. The Investigators are at the same level as Det. in other agencies. The 4th, in 1 year, prosecutes more felony cases than any other JD in Colorado. Monkeybomb, makes me wonder if you have an axe to grind with the 4th?!?
                      Last edited by IAM Rand; 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

LOL,

Relax. Some of my good friends work for the DA's office as D.A's and D.A's Investigators and several others that have moved on. I am very familiar with them and their experience level which varies. I don't recall saying anything negative about the DA's office or it's investigators several of which hang out right here on O.com. I am extremely familiar with the 4th judicial district and all of the Law Enforcement agencies that are there. So I was making an unbiased observation. Not an attack.
                        Last edited by Monkeybomb; 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM.
                        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

If I misinterpreted your comment, please accept my apologies. If pay at the DA’s Officer was commensurate with experience we would be making what the higher paid agencies in the 4th, as well as the state, make. Unfortunately, the DA, whomever it is at the time, has to go hat in hand to the County Commissioners and get his/her budget. Pay aside, 4th JD DA’s Office is top notch. If pay is your only qualification for the job then they will not be your cup of tea. If you are looking to get your foot in Colorado, looking for a spring board to something better, retired or going to retire, or it is a pay increase then the money at the 4th is not an issue and the work environment is excellent. Bottom line: If you are looking for top dollar, sorry not here. If someone takes into account all factors then drop your resume’ at the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                            If I misinterpreted your comment, please accept my apologies. If pay at the DA’s Officer was commensurate with experience we would be making what the higher paid agencies in the 4th, as well as the state, make. Unfortunately, the DA, whomever it is at the time, has to go hat in hand to the County Commissioners and get his/her budget. Pay aside, 4th JD DA’s Office is top notch. If pay is your only qualification for the job then they will not be your cup of tea. If you are looking to get your foot in Colorado, looking for a spring board to something better, retired or going to retire, or it is a pay increase then the money at the 4th is not an issue and the work environment is excellent. Bottom line: If you are looking for top dollar, sorry not here. If someone takes into account all factors then drop your resume’ at the 4th.
                            LOL,

Hell I applied since the starting pay is more than I make as a SGT. in the 4th JD.

Comment

If you need something let me know. I will give what advice I can.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 355 members and 5279 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X