300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Wheat Ridge applicants?

I'm in the waiting period between tests. Took the written last week and figure there might be a few on here in the same boat.
    --In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

I take the written test wednesday morning

Comment

I was told they are looking to fill 3 positions and that they have about 300 taking the written exam. I also heard something about the Mountain View Police Department looking to hire part-time officers and Lakeside PD looking to hire seasonal officers. Might be worth looking at these departments if you like the Wheat Ridge area.
      Last edited by RockyMountain; 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I figured my chances were small, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Thanks for the information. I last heard they had two positions to fill, so things are looking better... All the departments I've heard info on are at about the same ratio. I'll take a look at the two you've recommended.

Here's to our success. You fail 100% of the things you never try.
          --In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

Comment

I was invited to do an oral board in a couple weeks. I wonder how much they narrowed down the applicant pool after the written test. Even if it doesn't work out, I am excited to just get some experience with oral boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jertice View Post
              I was invited to do an oral board in a couple weeks. I wonder how much they narrowed down the applicant pool after the written test. Even if it doesn't work out, I am excited to just get some experience with oral boards.
              Congrats on the Oral Board!

If this is your first one then remember that even IF you don't make it past the oral; it is not because you failed. There is a lot of cometition out there so just do your best and that is all there is.

Comment

Good luck with the oral, I hope it goes well for you. +1 on not making it further, it doesn't mean there is something you did wrong since the ratio of applicants to positions is so high. I just got written notice that I wasn't selected to continue the process. I've got a friend that applied 16 times to various departments when he was trying to get in, now he's very high up and successful in law enforcement. Anyway, be sure and post up when you pass the next level...

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

Passed the oral board. I didn't think I did that well on it so it was kind of a surprise. Polygraph scheduled for next week, psych eval the following week. Thanks for the support!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4088 users online. 242 members and 3846 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X