300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Advice from Colorado Officers

I know there are other forums for these questions but I'm asking this in a Colorado forum. I'm looking at moving to Colorado. From the agencies I've looked into Fort Collins is at the top of my list. I'm looking to find an officer around Fort Collins to speak with. But my questions are centered around IE: good agency? Slow paced or high paced work atmosphere? Are there many places to practice Team Roping? Etc. I spoke with a recruiter awhile back but now I'd like to speak with an officer to get their perspective.
    Thanks,
    MikeL

Well, I work in Denver, which is about a 45 min drive south of Ft. Collins, but my Wife went to college up there. From what I have heard, they are a pretty good agency, but they have a somewhat mixed reputation (according to the Wife) For the most part of what I have seen while visiting etc, the biggest thing you will be dealing with are the drunk college kids, and the near riots at the games for the college. So I would imagine the Dept. is somewhat in the middle ground in regards to pacing. Off season for college would be alot slower I would imagine.

No clue what "team roping" is...so I can't help you there.

I know alot of Denver metro area guys are on these forums, but not sure about Ft. Collins. If so I hope they pipe up to give you a little more clarity for you questions. I know a couple of guys who lateralled from Florida to Denver, and they love it. Anything else you need to know, just ask.
    I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Fort Collins is a good department with alot going for it. They have take home cars, a brand new PD, and the city just passed a sales tax increase with 3 million of it going to the police department. That means they will probably be doing quite a bit of hiring in the near future. I don't know how busy they are but they have always considered the department understaffed for a city the size of Fort Collins. I know several people who work there and haven't heard many complaints other than the usual stuff. Fort Collins is a great place to live and is frequently rated one of the best cities in the country. If I was out of state and looking to move to Colorado it would be near the top of my list.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9554 users online. 384 members and 9170 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
      X