300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arvada PD?

Anyone know much about Arvada PD? I just applied with them for the lateral transfer position and don't know too much about the town or department. Appears to be a good sized department and town. I'll be moving from Iowa, so if there are any Iowans working in CO, your advice would also be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know a ton about the PD, but have family that lives there and at one point I lived there also. Arvada is a large suburb which I would say is primarily middle class although they do have some lower income areas. I would imagine they stay busy. I-70 goes through part of their jurisdiction as well as a couple of major roads so they definitely have some traffic issues. I've always heard good things about the department. Their former chief is the head of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. The Jefferson County Sheriff used to work there also so they have a good reputation for producing leaders.

Comment

Pretty much suburban with a small "Olde Town" area that has more condensed restaurants and bars, but not many. Like the other poster said pretty much white middle class neighborhoods, but in the south east portion of the city there are some more active areas. Ave of about 1-4 homicides per year, average property crimes for Denver metro...patrol do their own felony filings, and warrants, unless its somethin big.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4855 users online. 271 members and 4584 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X