300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood PD now hiring! Application deadline Dec. 4th

Lakewood is hiring for an academy that will start July 6th 2010.

You can see all the details here:

http://www.lakewood.org/index.cfm?&i...agent.2010.cfm

Department info:

http://www.lakewood.org/index.cfm?&i...PD/history.cfm

Do you currently work for Lakewood? I'm an out of state applicant and I'm interested in learning more about the department and the process. From the city and department's website, Lakewood looks like a great place to get my career going. Perfect size too.

Comment

I'll be interested in hearing about your "journey" as well since I will be filling out an out of state application as well. Good luck!

Comment

I don't know about Indiana. But Idaho and Utah don't pay that well, so I will be joining the out of staters. I actually just sent off my application today. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

anyone know how many postitions they have open?

Comment

hiring a full academy class, great place to work.

Comment

Just curious if they are hiring individuals without previous LEO and/or Military experience. Not even sure if someone can answer that but there have been some other agencies that have noted this unofficially so I figured I'd ask as I prepare to send this off.
              Last edited by JSOHopeful; 11-09-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSOHopeful View Post
                Just curious if they are hiring individuals without previous LEO and/or Military experience. Not even sure if someone can answer that but there have been some other agencies that have noted this unofficially so I figured I'd ask as I prepare to send this off.
                They are hiring for recruits (typically no experience) and lateral agents. You must however, have a bachelor's degree in any discipline. Smaller departments sometimes only hire individuals that are POST certified.

Comment

I was wondering if Lakewood has any special arrangments for out of state applicants since it is a larger department. Does anyone know what their projected test dates are? Flying back and forth could get expensive.
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Can anyone clear up the "Notary" requirement and signatures? I have my application all filled out except the "NOTARY" aspect - where do I go for that?

Comment

Originally posted by lefuture View Post
                      Can anyone clear up the "Notary" requirement and signatures? I have my application all filled out except the "NOTARY" aspect - where do I go for that?
                      Look it up in the phone book. Post Office, Police Departments, Banks, all these places have notary's/ Sometimes you will have to pay $5 for them to notarize something though.

Comment

Thanks Mikey - I appreciate it

Comment

I'm planing to apply;however, I'm waiting the recruiter tell me if I can because I will not receive my Bachelors until May 16th.
                          Balzano

"The world is a dangerous place; not because of those who do evil, but because of the good men that do nothing."
                          -A. Einstein

Comment

I think you should be okay. This is from Lakewood's website:

Requirements include, but are not limited to: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (no exceptions) by Academy start date,

So if you are done by May 16th you should be okay.

But I'm no recruiter. Good luck.

Originally posted by alessand View Post
                            I'm planing to apply;however, I'm waiting the recruiter tell me if I can because I will not receive my Bachelors until May 16th.

Comment

alessand - i believe that you will be fine. You will have that bachelors in May and the Academy starts in July. I am in the same boat as you. I am a senior that will be graduating in May as well and I shipped off my application this morning. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3154 users online. 190 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X