300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me get this radar thing straight

So according to the Colorado Supreme Courts decision in People v. Walker; you don't have to be radar certified in Colorado to run Doppler but rather just trained in it's operation?

Yep....back in CA, LAPD would have sent me to a many days school to run radar. Here, they taught me to: (1) turn it on, (2) bang the two tuning forks and read 30/55, (3) point it (4) pull the trigger, and (5) let go to get my reading!

Pretty simple.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
      Yep....back in CA, LAPD would have sent me to a many days school to run radar. Here, they taught me to: (1) turn it on, (2) bang the two tuning forks and read 30/55, (3) point it (4) pull the trigger, and (5) let go to get my reading!

Pretty simple.
      Well.. Sorta. I don't know about Cal, but I went to class for a day to learn how the radar woks, limitations, how to make sure it is calibrated, then had to make sure the radar was in fact calibrated, and had to visually estimate and confirm by 5MPH the speed of about 20 vehicles...

The emphasis is make sure it's calibrated, and you learn how to be proficient at estimating. The radar simply confirms what you already know, that's why you turned it on to lock.
      Be safe pulling back into the thread...
      http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

That's my understanding as well, but I've never known anybody to not be certified on it. It's only an 8 hour course.

It's quite dry, and I probably couldn't remember much about it though...

Comment

In Georgia it's the same way. You get certified to Assemble it, Operate, and check the accuracy with tuning forks.
          The rest of the stuff they teach is FYI but not required for testimony in court. Some attornies will try to trip you up and get you to talk doppler theory. Your response is the state of *** requires that I know how to assemble, operate, and check accuracy of my radar unit. It was working properly at the time that I used it.
          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4509 users online. 272 members and 4237 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X