300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi I am new here so I thought I would introduce myself. I am not sure how this forum goes, but the other ones I belong to are automotive ones and introduction is a must.
    I am a current Criminal Justice major in The School Of Public Affairs at the University of Colorado. I am hoping to become a police officer somewhere in Colorado. I think that I will be a valuable asset because of my education, and fluency in Russian, and commitment to the law. I am graduating in December of 2009 and hoping to be excepted to a 2010 Police Academy. My goal is to go to night school and get my masters in Criminal Justice or Public Affairs while I am employed as an Officer. Any suggestions or recommendations would definitely be great at this point.
    Thanks for reading, Lenny
    Last edited by Armada; 09-05-2009, 02:20 AM. Reason: posted 2 times.

Welcome, bravo on Russian. One little kink in your plan that I saw was you plan to go to night school while employed. Well be prepared for the schedule you work to be a midnight schedule. Expect to be busy enough on the occational nights to not even be able to pick up a book. Any agency in CO you are looking at?
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Welcome good luck with the job search. I graduated from UCD with my MPA, which can be done almost completely online so it is possible to do while working as a cop. I did it. I'm a big fan of Prof Mary Dodge who I believe is running the undergrad CJ program at UCD.

Comment

Thanks for your responses!
        Rasmblack you are right that certainly is a problem in my plan, however I took a few graduate courses already and they all ended before 9pm. However that is something to consider, since my schedule will be completely at the departments discretion. As for the agency goes, I am not going to be picky with the economy not being the best. I would hope to get into one with a academy.
        GVBD59 I can see why you like Prof. Dodge, she is certainly very laid back and accommodating with her students. I think the on-line route might be the way to go in the case that coming to campus will be impossible. Do you recommend any MCJ classes to take?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4671 users online. 307 members and 4364 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X