• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thornton P.D. Officer needs assistance - Poker Run event

Benefit for Officer Jon Coddington
    • Combat Veteran Vietnam War
    • LAPD Veteran 20 Yrs - Retired
    • Current Thornton (Co.) Police Officer

When: September 27, 2009 (SUNDAY) Time: 0900 am to ?

Where: Start Point: Thornton Police Department parking lot

9551 Civic Ctr Dr Thornton, CO 80229

Peak to Peak Mountain Route (Weather Permitting)

(Alternate route if weather is bad)

End Point: Thornton Police Department for BBQ

Donation: $20.00 Single

$30.00 Couple

Includes: Pin

BBQ

1 poker hand

(Additional Hands $5 donation requested)

Prize for Top hand and Low Hand & Door Prizes

RSVP by 09-20-2009 [email protected]

Cell 303-946-3536 (leave message)

Sponsored by Colorado FOP Lodge 16

----------

My own added info:

Retired LAPD, and current Thornton, Colorado P.D. Officer Jon Coddington is battling cancer. Amazingly, at his first prognosis, given last spring, he was told that he only had five to seven days to live. Jon fights on and is currently headed in for more chemo.

If, like me, you don't ride an M/C or you have to work that weekend, but want to help out...outright donations for support are accepted. Checks can be made payable to "F.O.P. Lodge No. 16". Be sure to place "For Jon Coddington" on the memo line.

Checks can be mailed to Det. Robin Danni, Thornton P.D., 9551 Civic Center Drive, Thornton, CO 80229-4326.

Any questions for Det. Danni, she can be reached at (720) 977-5084.

Thanks for your attention!
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

My check's in the mail....anybody else?
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I dont have much, but I sent what Ive got.

Get well and stay strong brother!
      I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Thornton Police Officer Jon Coddington passed away January 30, after a long and courageous battle against cancer. Jon left a legacy of service to our Nation and our community.

He was a combat veteran of the war in Viet Nam, having served with the 3rd Brigade, 9th Infantry Division. He was a decorated soldier; his battlefield awards included two bronze stars with a “V” for valor. After being honorably discharged, Jon began a twenty-year career as a police officer with the Los Angeles Police Department.

In 1993, we were blessed to have Jon become a member of the T.P.D. where he served for more than seventeen years with integrity, dedication, caring and a disarming sense of humor.

Officer Coddington’s funeral will be held at Holy Cross Catholic Church on Thursday, February 4, at 10 am

From Holy Cross Church, Jon’s ashes will be taken to Fort Logan National Cemetery for interment at 1:15 pm.

There will be a reception back at Holy Cross Church at 2:30 pm.
        Please note that Jon’s family has informed us there will not be a viewing or a rosary.

Jon's experience, sense of humor, valor and dedication of duty can never be replaced.

God Bless, Jon. Your end of watch is noted sadly by your brothers and sisters. We will miss you!
        Last edited by Seamonkey6; 02-03-2010, 05:17 PM.
        "Freedom's Never Free"

"Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2688 users online. 141 members and 2547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X