No announcement yet.

CSP applicants - What is your status???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Boostedxt; 07-19-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• I seen the schedule on the site but the troopers I have ridden with recently have said its sometimes everyday

Comment

• Our PT is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 4pm. It is pretty tough at times. I would say it is more aerobic then strength based. PT is not what you need to worry about. I found the discipline throughout the rest of the days to be worse then PT.

Comment

• Really.
          How so? Can you elaborate? Did you ever have any days where you thought about quitting?

Comment

Last edited by Boostedxt; 07-19-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boostedxt View Post
              The mind quits before the body. I hav a feeling stoked50 never once wanted to quit!

Still waiting...I am in Maui right now and all I can think of is my email or a phone call coming from CSP. haha The waiting is hard!
              Celebrating while in Maui would be an even bigger plus.

I just finished my physical, drug test and psych with 8 other people today. From what was said when we were all talking there are only 25 spots in the July academy. I don't know what else really hasn't been covered recently in the forum, but i'll try to answer what anyone has to ask if there are questions.

Comment

• well done in completing a few more steps. Did they tell tell you whether you have a spot for sure in the academy as long as you pass everything else? Just wondering how many they have selected for sure....

Comment

• He said there is a possibility that someone could be pushed to the January academy. He is trying to call people within the next week and a half to inform about troop office choices; I guess if you arent called then you're in for the next time around. Granted everything goes well with everybody, (i.e. drug test/psych) they are set for july.. Academy start date has been pushed back to the 17th too.

Comment

• Originally posted by xROBERTx View Post
                    He said there is a possibility that someone could be pushed to the January academy. He is trying to call people within the next week and a half to inform about troop office choices; I guess if you arent called then you're in for the next time around. Granted everything goes well with everybody, (i.e. drug test/psych) they are set for july.. Academy start date has been pushed back to the 17th too.
                    Well, dang!! Those of us waiting for phase 3 emails are looking like a longshot as of now eh? While I would love to make the July academy Jan would be fine too!! Just to make it in works for me!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwakard View Post
                      Well, dang!! Those of us waiting for phase 3 emails are looking like a longshot as of now eh? While I would love to make the July academy Jan would be fine too!! Just to make it in works for me!!!
                      I wouldn't get too discouraged. Throughout the whole process, I've been told I'm being considered for the July academy. When I did the written test last October, the entire group was told we were testing for the July academy. Just a few weeks ago when I had my in-home, the background investigator said he would get my packet to the selection committee in time for me to be eligible for the July academy.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that they pushed that academy date back so that the few of us that have finished everything except the physical/drug test/psych can get that done and be eligible.

Not trying to discredit what you heard, xROBERTx, just going off of what I have been told by CSP themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronmurphy2002 View Post

Not trying to discredit what you heard, xROBERTx, just going off of what I have been told by CSP themselves.
                        Yes, but I am sure Robert talked to the sergeant who is responsible for the selection of cadets for the academy. At least that is who I had the chance to talk to when I did my physical fitness a couple weeks ago. I am sure they will get a few of you (who haven't received the phase III email) through in time to be selected, but the majority will probably have to wait for the January academy.

And thanks for the information Robert. I would recommend (to all those) when they do start calling to schedule the different aspects after phase III, try to get the earliest slots available. The quicker you finish, the quicker they get the results and the quicker you move on to the next thing.

Comment

• Good advice Jertice - That's how I've approached each step of this process... As soon as I decided to enter the process.. I had my application in the mail 2 days later.

I received the notification of available test dates.. I took the first one offered.

The BI wanted to do a phone interview.. I chose 6:30am the next day...

The BI wanted to schedule my In-Home.. I took the first available

Got the call from the polygraphist, took the first available appointment...

Like Aaron, I am waiting on the Phase III notification and assume that there is still time to get in for July.. Living in Colorado, I would rather do PT outside for a Summer academy instead of a Winter one, but will take what I get and will be just as thrilled...
                          HONOR ~ DUTY ~ RESPECT

Comment

• I could have been more clear, when I stated "Those who do not get a call," I was referring to the people that are already selected for the academy, there just aren't enough spots for the July academy (out of everyone, even people about to get phase III emails.) Which means some people will be pushed back to January. I did also talk to the Sergeant in charge of selections, as Jertice said. My bad if I discouraged anyone, as far as I know he is still working on getting people through to phase III.

Comment

• For some reason even that last post looked a little vague. Long story short is July is a small class and even people that pass all the tests after phase III might be pushed back to January. At least you get there in the end... the bright side is you'll get plowing snow out of the way sooner than later
                              Last edited by xROBERTx; 06-02-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• It would sure be nice to receive the call to finish out Phase III. I'm excited that the others who received their Phase III email at the same time I did have tested and look to be headed toward the July academy. I am hoping that I will be apart of that class, but it looks like I may be shooting for the January class now? I just wish there was a good way to find out where one ranks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8244 users online. 250 members and 7994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X