Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystikal
    replied
    again, you will be fine. theres no law against transporting a firearm.. just carrying concealed without the proper permit.

Leave a comment:

• Reiland
    replied
    Oh, I also checked the RTD website, rtd-denver.com: Public Notices: Use of Facilities Policy and Application Form...didn't find anything there prohibiting you from transporting an unloaded firearm.

Leave a comment:

• Reiland
    replied
    Disclaimer: I am not in law enforcement.

But I looked this up in CRS, 18-9-118: Firearms, explosives, or incendiary devices in facilities of public transportation:

"A person commits a class 6 felony if, without legal authority, he has any loaded firearm or explosive or incendiary device, as defined in section 9-7-103, CRS, in his possession in, or carries, brings, or causes to be carried or brought any of such items into, any facility of public transportation, as defined in section 18-9-115 (4)."

It clearly specifies LOADED firearm. I think you're fine if you have it unloaded, cased, and in your backpack. Nobody's even going to know.

However, I wouldn't walk out of the gun store and directly onto the bus in view of other passengers

Btw, I also read CRS 18-9-115, Endangering public transportation. Basically, just don't pull out your new gun and threaten anyone with it on your way home

Happy shopping!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Keep the ammunition separate from the gun and if you get stopped tell the officer you have an unloaded firearm in your bag and you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Meh
    started a topic Need some LE knowledge

Need some LE knowledge

I have a question about transporting firearms. I don't have a car, and it's rare --no-- next to impossible to find people who are willing to pick me up and take me to a shooting range. I want to purchase a new gun, but I'm not really close enough to any place where I could buy one that I could ride my bike to. My question is, if I took the bus to and from where ever I decided make this purchase, would that be a huge no-no? It's not like the gun would be loaded, it would be in a case, in my backpack and I would only have it with me to transport it home. I'm not really sure what the law says on this and I don't want to do anything illegal, especially when it comes to firearms. Please help!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4925 users online. 292 members and 4633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X