Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cspd

Hello all!

Right now i am self sponsored in the academy for the Colorado POST. i was wondering if anyone here knows if i would have to take the CSPD academy as well if i applied after receiving my POST cert? No, I'm not lazy and i have looked for the info, i just cannot call anyone during business hours due to the fact that my academy goes from 0600-1700 hours. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest e-mailing the CSPD recruiter Missy Reynolds. I was at the CSPD orientation Monday and she notified all the applicants the best way to reach her was by e-mail. You can find it on the CSPD website which if I were you i would have checked there first. Good luck though. Have you taken the written yet for CSPD? I did and passed. I already have my oral board date and the date for the PAT.
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war.-Plato

God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.

Comment

Last edited by Monkeybomb; 04-12-2009, 12:28 PM.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

thank you for the responses. No, i haven't taken their written yet, i live out on the western side of the mountain and i was just curious about CSPD since i grew up in the springs.

Comment

Last edited by Monkeybomb; 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

i was, and still am, thinking about EPSO. The officers from there that i have come into contact with seem to really enjoy that department.

Comment

You will have to complete the whole academy. By completing a POST academy is good, but it is not the CSPD academy, same goes for EPSO. They want to bring you up to speed with their own policies/procedures, and make sure that you are an officer they desire.
              I had several in my class that already had their POST certifications, which helped them when it came down to the POST test. Unfortunately, the academy was more of a review for several of them.

Monkeybomb CSPD does have a shortened lateral class, and it is geared more to learing the policies/procedures of CSPD than anything else. If you are interested..

Comment

It sounds like he works there already...or EPSO.

My buddy is in the process right now, he said there were only two hundred applicants or something like that. Those odds are awesome. I would be all over it, but I just took a job in Denver.

I have a couple of relatives who work there. CSPD has a great reputation, good pay, and lots of opportunity.

Comment

how early do you guys think is too early to apply to either CSPD or EPSO? Just curious since i am out here in Delta (near Grand Junction) and it would be really hard to do anything down there right now in the midst of the academy which ends on December 19.

Comment

Traffic....at the CSPD orientation Monday night the recruiter did say that there were 250 applicants for this next academy(april) with about 3 more weeks to apply for out of staters. Mikey if I were you I would apply everywhere in your top 10 if you have a list whether they require POST or not. Your options will be a lot better then. If you are really set on CSPD send Missy the recruiter an e-mail, maybe she can setup a timeline for you.
                    Only the dead have seen the end of the war.-Plato

God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.

Comment

It is never too early to apply, the process will take 6 months to a year, and if you get hired earlier, would you rather continue going to school on your dime, or start a career on someone else's, just my 2cents

Comment

Irish and Avs, thank you for your input, i think i will start sending out my applications and trying to find time for testing somewhere in there. I am not set on CSPD but that is the only one besides Fountain and EPSO that i can think of at the moment.

Comment

Last edited by Monkeybomb; 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

For EPSO you can lateral if you have experience, if you're just post than you will have to take their academy. Don't hold your breath on EPSO though, El Paso County has a 26 millon dollar defficet and Makita is talking about laying off deputies and closing a portion of the jail (not like we haven't heard that one from him before). Not to say it will happen but as of now I have heard that they are on a hiring freeze. If you just want to get a foot in the door look at some smaller agencies. I know we're hiring in Teller right now and if you're already POST than you'd be almost a shoe in.

Comment

I saw a few months ago pueblo and pueblo so were looking as well. bit of a commute from CS but to get a foot in the door it would be worth it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3353 users online. 165 members and 3188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X