Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora

Hey all:

Who else is in the process for this Januarys (estimated) academy with Aurora Police?
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

yea i am i called them last week and they said that they would start the background investigation on me in about a month or 2. have you heard anything?

Comment

Not sure about you guys but I submitted a potential officer interest form and have been bombarded with e-mails by the departments recruiters. That was a couple months ago and I have told them I am not interested anymore but they still continue to send them. It could be that they are really hurting for officers.
      Only the dead have seen the end of the war.-Plato

God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.

Comment

Yea...i haven't heard about if they're hurting or not but so far all i know is this:

Originally 850+ applicants
        Currently down to 666 applicants remaining after initial dq's
        Testing to begin soon, hopefully by the end of september.

I heard all this at the test-prep classes they offered...hope to hear more soon...

Comment

been there...

yeah I am currently on the PEL and have been for a while... this is my second time through with APD. The first time was in mid 2007, I missed the Oral by fraction of a point. This time I was invited back to reapply by the Commission, I have done all testing accept a drug screen. I currently sit in the top 16 of the PEL and am waiting for the background investigator, the DNC threw everything off... Good luck with the testing, study and get some road time for the run, if your out of state be prepared for the altitude, knocked a good chunk of my physical fitness group...
          Last edited by eddie t.; 09-09-2008, 12:30 AM.
          CSP 2009-1

Comment

they just started my background 3 days ago... Officer Seiwald is my background officer
            CSP 2009-1

Comment

when did you turn in your personal history statement eddie t.

Comment

oh man, i turned that in around march or april, i dont remember exactly when. sorry about that, how about you?!?
                CSP 2009-1

Comment

Umm... I want to say in about march or april, our testing was relatively quick and we received the PEL quickly too. I could check for you though, exactly when I turned it in. Like I said before, I have been waiting a long time, my process has taken longer than the projected 6 months.

Just a bit of advice: When the commission says do not call them or contact them for your status... They mean it, thats the biggest test of this process, remember they have the final say on your employment! Every letter and instruction is a test!
                  CSP 2009-1

Comment

Umm... I want to say in about march or april, our testing was relatively quick and we received the PEL quickly too. I could check for you though, exactly when I turned it in. Like I said before, I have been waiting a long time, my process has taken longer than the projected 6 months.

Just a bit of advice: When the commission says do not call them or contact them for your status... They mean it, thats the biggest test of this process, remember they have the final say on your employment! Every letter and instruction is a test!
                    CSP 2009-1

Comment

I think i turned mine in around june or july. i just called them today and gave them my new phone number. hopefully i hearfrom them soon

Comment

http://www.auroragov.org/AuroraGov/G...Minutes/042444

follow this link, here is the update from the Commission last meeting. The January academy is for 17... good luck
                        CSP 2009-1

Comment

wow...what are there, like 600 applicants for this round, plus those from the last one? For 17 slots?

Yikes...

Comment

well I can tell you that the list that the commission is on now only has 96 people, I dont know about the "other" lists...
                            CSP 2009-1

Comment

96 people? Where did you get that info???

When i met with the recruiters in late august, there were nearly 660 applicants. Does that mean they've trimmed it down more or what?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5763 users online. 327 members and 5436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X