300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST Basic Course Waiver process

Has anyone completed this process and been hired onto a CA dept? Im an out-of-state officer and completing this process. The chief out here (Northern CA) is unfamiliar with this and is looking for other depts who have SUCCESSFULLY hired out-of-state officers who have completed the BCW.

Many thanks.

I used to work with a few guys that did it. I think they just went through the process and were sent to like a month long class room academy on ca laws, and stuff, I think it's for out of state folk and people that let their ca post expire. If you go to the post website or call post you should be able to get your answer.

Comment

I understand the process, its my chief who has questions. So im looking for other depts who have hired out-of-state officers with the basic course waiver.

Comment

Maybe youcan teach your chief...........

Comment

Yeah, I've given it my best shot and now he wants to hear from someone else.....

Comment

He won't get on the phone and call p.o.s.t. ? Is it a chiefs pride thing?

Comment

The people at CA P.O.S.T. are very helpful and knowledgeable. Have your chief call them:

Ph: 916.227.3909
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thanks you guys, and he is calling POST. Also looking for other depts where a hick from Ohio has managed to become a decent CA officer

Comment

I worked with a hick from Ohio, like I said she did th normal testing and went to the post refresher course thing. didn't seem like there was much to it.......but then again I guess my chief knew what he was doing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5555 users online. 289 members and 5266 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X