300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work history question

Hi everyone, im new to the board and was just wondering if I could get some feedback. I'm about to start the LAPD process. I'm 24. B.A and almost have my Masters. clean background no credit problem or tickets. But I do lack a lot of work experience. While ive been going to school I have worked part time but will the lack of experience DQ me.

Thanks

I can't speak for LAPD since I'm not from that part of the country but you're education should suffice (im almost positive it will) for work experience....not to mention you'll be going to school for another 6 months (academy) and you'll learn all the basics but most of what you learn is on the streets..as long as you have a clean background you should be good. Good luck with the process!

Comment

If you take a look at the exam announcement for LAPD I believe you will find that having work experience is not a minimum requirement for the job.

Even though limited, as long as your employment history has been satisfactiory with respect to performance, you should not have a problem in that area.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Not to mention your background should go very quick and smooth not having to contact several jobs.
        Last edited by WPD954; 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM. Reason: typo...as usual

Comment

thanks for the replys guys. Ive been a bit concerned that not having worked a lot would kick me out of the race. I start the process next month.

Comment

There are handfuls of cadets in the academy who are 20-21 yrs old that lack both work and life experience. It really depends on what you bring to the table.

Comment

Do you know how far back they go for the work history? I am 29 and have been working since I was 16. Do I need to have all the exact dates from all of my jobs since then? From 16-20 was a lot of part time jobs since I was in school.

Thanks.

Comment

If you don't mind paying several bucks you can get your work history here:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
                Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

The only problem with that form is that it says that it takes up to 4 months to get it back! I did verify that if you go into the social security office, you can write down all the dates yourself for no charge. You don't need an appointment either, just walk in.

Much easier and FREE!

Comment

I remember when I submitted my packet, I did not know exact dates for two summer jobs I had while in HS. All I did, was call my BI after I handed in my packet and told her about the dates. I put down for dates the month and year. Don't forget your BI is there to work with you and is human, he/she should not mind the call.
                    The RANGER God cried from above
                    Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
                    Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
                    It was a solem day for all Airborne
                    June 2001 will be
                    A tragic piece of RANGER history
                    Time stood still on that cursed day
                    Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5444 users online. 311 members and 5133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X