X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlioz
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackavar
    I am sorry, but both the LAPD and OC Register are wrong here.
    We're never wrong.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Because we're public employees, the public has a right to know what we earn. Don't just think of these kind of policies as applying to LEOs, they apply to all kinds of civil service or contractual public employees and should. These are "taxpayer" dollars at work and I have no problem with the public knowing how they're spent. Think of the consequences if this wasn't public information and how managers could divert pay without being held accountable.

While I don't believe all personal banking information should be legally available, income earned from the department shouldn't be a "state secret."

Leave a comment:

• gilagain
    replied
    anyone here from 190 or going into 191?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Aren't all depts. supposed to be receiving a shot in the arm when this "stimulus package" gets done? C.O.P.S. $ and the like?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    VCS is NOT LE friendly. If there are any allegations of wrong-doing they'll be the first to throw you under the bus.

And as to VCSO overtime....they're hurting for money just like everyone else. Dont expect nearly as abundant OT as there was.

Leave a comment:

• Call_me_Tom
    replied
    I spoke to a couple of buddies of mine who are OCSD Deputies and they let me know that the department is going to have a hiring freeze in the near future. It won't affect me as I'm joining the reserves and I don't receive any pay for my time but it may affect those who are applying for a full time position.

Leave a comment:

• VChopefull
    replied
    Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
    I think the Ventura County Star is more fair to law enforcement. At least they were when it was my old stomping grounds.
    Yes. I love the Star. As far as a newspaper goes they are pretty LE friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Copp'rPenny
    replied
    I think the Ventura County Star is more fair to law enforcement. At least they were when it was my old stomping grounds.

Leave a comment:

• VChopefull
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackavar
    Don't tell the OC Register or they will print your name and salary. They don't like law enforcement making good money
    Hahaha...Good point. I better keep my mouth shut!

At least we can take satisfaction in knowing that newspapers are going out of business slowly but surely.!

Leave a comment:

• VChopefull
    replied
    I know...haha..The overtime is not as plentiful up here in Ventura County but there is still plenty to go around in the jail. It's not uncommon for a rookie Deputy (in VC) to clear 100K his first year in the jail....

Leave a comment:

• Call_me_Tom
    replied
    Subscribed, as I've applied to OCSD as a reserve Deputy.

Leave a comment:

• Copp'rPenny
    replied
    LOL, but you're in the wrong county.

Leave a comment:

• VChopefull
    replied
    Wow!! Those guys (and gals) are making some serious money...'

Cant wait to get in the Jail!

Leave a comment:

• Copp'rPenny
    replied
    The Orange County Register did a big article about 6-8 months ago. There is a lot of overtime in the jails, and deputies can make over $100,000 a year there. Some even made over $200,000 a year. So it's actually a major cut in pay to go to patrol.

See here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/o...0-county-hours

I could never wait that long to reach my dream of patrol. I'd be in my 50s!

Leave a comment:

• lan12
    replied
    Any news on the jail time? Is it still 6-8, possibly up to 15, years?

As a related question, what is the desirability of such a long jail time? I know that might sound ignorant but I wish to learn as I have no prior jail experience. I did not test with OCSD afterall simply because I am reluctant to devote such a long wait till going to patrol. I hear that the jails offer good command presence and criminal element experience, but to be doing it for almost a decade before patrol sounds undesirably intense. I see some people on this forum mention applying for the OCSD in addition to applying for city agencies, such as LAPD or Long Beach, so clearly these applicants desire to work patrol. Thus, how does one bear working in the jail for so long when patrol is one's ultimate dream? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4224 users online. 259 members and 3965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X