Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Orange County Register did a big article about 6-8 months ago. There is a lot of overtime in the jails, and deputies can make over $100,000 a year there. Some even made over $200,000 a year. So it's actually a major cut in pay to go to patrol.

See here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/o...0-county-hours

I could never wait that long to reach my dream of patrol. I'd be in my 50s!
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Wow!! Those guys (and gals) are making some serious money...'

Cant wait to get in the Jail!

Comment

LOL, but you're in the wrong county.
        In backgrounds ...

Comment

Subscribed, as I've applied to OCSD as a reserve Deputy.
          NRA Life Member | USMC Life Member | IDPA Member
          NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Comment

I know...haha..The overtime is not as plentiful up here in Ventura County but there is still plenty to go around in the jail. It's not uncommon for a rookie Deputy (in VC) to clear 100K his first year in the jail....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
              Don't tell the OC Register or they will print your name and salary. They don't like law enforcement making good money
              Hahaha...Good point. I better keep my mouth shut!

At least we can take satisfaction in knowing that newspapers are going out of business slowly but surely.!

Comment

I think the Ventura County Star is more fair to law enforcement. At least they were when it was my old stomping grounds.
                In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
                  I think the Ventura County Star is more fair to law enforcement. At least they were when it was my old stomping grounds.
                  Yes. I love the Star. As far as a newspaper goes they are pretty LE friendly.

Comment

I spoke to a couple of buddies of mine who are OCSD Deputies and they let me know that the department is going to have a hiring freeze in the near future. It won't affect me as I'm joining the reserves and I don't receive any pay for my time but it may affect those who are applying for a full time position.
                    NRA Life Member | USMC Life Member | IDPA Member
                    NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Comment

VCS is NOT LE friendly. If there are any allegations of wrong-doing they'll be the first to throw you under the bus.

And as to VCSO overtime....they're hurting for money just like everyone else. Dont expect nearly as abundant OT as there was.

Comment

Aren't all depts. supposed to be receiving a shot in the arm when this "stimulus package" gets done? C.O.P.S. $ and the like?

Comment

anyone here from 190 or going into 191?

Comment

Because we're public employees, the public has a right to know what we earn. Don't just think of these kind of policies as applying to LEOs, they apply to all kinds of civil service or contractual public employees and should. These are "taxpayer" dollars at work and I have no problem with the public knowing how they're spent. Think of the consequences if this wasn't public information and how managers could divert pay without being held accountable.

While I don't believe all personal banking information should be legally available, income earned from the department shouldn't be a "state secret."
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                              I am sorry, but both the LAPD and OC Register are wrong here.
                              We're never wrong.
                              LAPD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4258 users online. 276 members and 3982 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X