Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember you! You rocked the jodies. How many people ended up getting separated from your class?
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Tilove18, I didn't know you roamed this site. Tilove18 does rock the jodies though. You should give lessons...extra money on top of all the OT you'll be making this year.

In answer to your question, Copp'rPenny, 186 started with 41 and graduated 31. 3 or 4 were due to injury.

Comment

Actually, that doesn't sound so bad for OCSA. Good job!
        In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tilove18
          Actually we graduated 32!
          I believe there was a female in your class, about my height (5'2"), maybe a bit taller with short brown hair. She used to be a gymnast and had a lot of upper body strength. I can't remember her name. Do you know whom I'm talking about? Did she make it???

She was my inspiration to get over that wall (never did it in your class but by the next class, I was jumping the wall like mad).
          In backgrounds ...

Comment

Cool, good deal!
            In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
              She was my inspiration to get over that wall (never did it in your class but by the next class, I was jumping the wall like mad).
              Now you just need to practice pushing cars

Comment

Nah, that was only for Huntington Beach, and they're not even hiring. I'm working on getting my 1.5 mile run under 12 minutes now. I've got it under 13, but 11-something would even be better.
                In backgrounds ...

Comment

......and this is after doing push ups, squat thrusts, mountain climbers all day and being on the beach doing more of the same for an hour and half to 2 hours.

Comment

Is OCSD hiring now? I applied last week but now their application is no longer available.

Comment

I am not sure but I have a hunch that either they ran out of money or they have enough applications (though I am pretty sure it is the former). I applied on December 27 and still have yet to get an invitation to the written or any kind of response, despite passing all of the minimum qualifications and supplemental questions. I read another post in this thread of a person that applied but also never received the invitation. So perhaps they no longer have the budget, however that works, since I would think if they had enough applicants they would invite them (which they haven't).

Comment

Originally posted by lan12 View Post
                        I am not sure but I have a hunch that either they ran out of money or they have enough applications (though I am pretty sure it is the former). I applied on December 27 and still have yet to get an invitation to the written or any kind of response, despite passing all of the minimum qualifications and supplemental questions. I read another post in this thread of a person that applied but also never received the invitation. So perhaps they no longer have the budget, however that works, since I would think if they had enough applicants they would invite them (which they haven't).
                        I applied the same day, maybe 1 sooner or later. Along with half a dozen coworkers and friends. No news from/to any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by lan12 View Post
                          I just got my invitation to test for the 24th via email today btw. Post up or PM if/when you get yours.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Got mine today too. Very excited and a little nervous.

Comment

I am taking the test this Sat. 24th. Any info anyone can give would be appreciated. What is the written test like? I have seen 3 diff. versions of the run, does anyone know exactly what the test entails?

Comment

Any news on the jail time? Is it still 6-8, possibly up to 15, years?

As a related question, what is the desirability of such a long jail time? I know that might sound ignorant but I wish to learn as I have no prior jail experience. I did not test with OCSD afterall simply because I am reluctant to devote such a long wait till going to patrol. I hear that the jails offer good command presence and criminal element experience, but to be doing it for almost a decade before patrol sounds undesirably intense. I see some people on this forum mention applying for the OCSD in addition to applying for city agencies, such as LAPD or Long Beach, so clearly these applicants desire to work patrol. Thus, how does one bear working in the jail for so long when patrol is one's ultimate dream? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4339 users online. 272 members and 4067 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X