Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they do it last. It's run in the parking lot.
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

on the sit ups.. are they arms cross your chest OR hands behind your head style..

Comment

Cross your arms, clutching the top of your T-shirt.
        In backgrounds ...

Comment

thanks....

Comment

I'm taking the OCSD written test & PAT this Saturday. See some of you there. Good luck!
            Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
            - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

Had to call OCSD personnel today to remove my name for testing list........because I got the call from LBPD for Class #85. Good luck to everyone on Sat.
              "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

backgrounds start October 1st for OCSD. Has anyone else made it that far?
                Pain is a good thing, it lets you know that you are still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMYOFONE View Post
                  backgrounds start October 1st for OCSD. Has anyone else made it that far?
                  Yep, I've got my PHF interview scheduled for the 2nd week. I had my oral board interview yesterday. I prepared, passed, & am now getting ready for the next step!

Anyone else?
                  Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
                  - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

I have to turn in my packet on October 2nd. The next academy is in either December or January. I got tired of waiting for LASD.

Comment

Anyone going to attend the next DST academy at the end of October? I am possibly slated to be in that one with everything to finish well.

Comment

I wish that I was in that October class! Soon enough I guess?

Comment

I heard they are putting people through the process quickly. Is that true?

Comment

I start the Oct 27 academy with OCSD. Starting Oct. 14, my department is sending me to Costa Mesa for the pre-academy. finally, this long process is finally paying off. anyone else going?

Comment

Originally posted by gesekee19 View Post
                              I start the Oct 27 academy with OCSD. Starting Oct. 14, my department is sending me to Costa Mesa for the pre-academy. finally, this long process is finally paying off. anyone else going?
                              Congrats! what agency are you with? I too went through the pre-academy at Costa Mesa. They are good peeps over there. I hope you're in shape. OCSA is no joke and if you can't keep up with PT, they will ride you until you quit. Like blood in the water with sharks, if you stand out you will be swarmed. Be prepared to be under constant stress. Memorize ALL of your speeches. The recruit manual will say you need to know A B and C for week 1. Do yourself a favor and know A through Z. They will see you know your stuff and leave you alone and move on to a different victim.

OCSA is an awesome experience and if you're good enough to graduate after 26 weeks, you will know that it was EARNED and that you completed one of THE toughest academies in California.

Comment

I'm guessing all the OCSD rooks have to start working in the jail for x number amount of years before they let you go on patrol, right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4319 users online. 270 members and 4049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X