Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when are they putting through the next academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mtoledo View Post
      30/30 5 mins? wow, do they want the person to exceed the minimum if possible? or are they going to time how fast we can finish? Because 5 minutes is a really long time.
      No, this is not a timed event...its pass/fail. I agree...5 minutes is very long...this event should actually be alloted 2 minutes max.
      "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

Anyone else processing with OCSD? How can I locate a schedule for their academy?

Comment

I was trying to find some academy start dates.

Comment

Have fun working in the jails for 10-12 years....

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
              Have fun working in the jails for 10-12 years....
              Wow. Ouch.

How long before taking up other custody assignments like courts, inmate transport, etc?
              Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                Current rate is 7.5 years without a college degree. Still hurts
                We just hired a guy from there. He was working with guys that have been trying to go to patrol. They all had more then 10 years on. 7.5/ 10-12. Whatever it is, I didn't get into this line of work to be a jailer. No thanks.

Comment

Blackavar,

How much jail time should a deputy with a BA expect, if it is 7.5 years for one without a degree? HBLiam isn't wrong in what he's heard. I had a recruiter tell me to expect between 8-12 years, although he didn't know of my educational background.

Comment

I'll be watching this thread... I am still over a year out (pending citizenship) but I like to watch success stories.
                    Follow your dreams. Mine is to protect and serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
                      Blackavar,

How much jail time should a deputy with a BA expect, if it is 7.5 years for one without a degree? HBLiam isn't wrong in what he's heard. I had a recruiter tell me to expect between 8-12 years, although he didn't know of my educational background.
                      And may I add, how much custody time for an OCSD deputy with an M.A.?
                      Focused Recruit

Comment

What are the automatic DQ's for OCSD?

Comment

I know an LT from that department... when he first started, he said he got his Bachelors degree while working the jails and got out to patrol faster.

Get that degree! I know I want mine (so close)...
                          Last edited by avalon42; 08-16-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

hey guys.. on the 30 sit ups and push ups test, are the sit ups on your own? or do you have someone holding your feet? also i see that during the time course you will have to preform more pushups, anyone know how many are required.
                            thanks...

Comment

Someone holds your feet. You cannot let your knees touch the ground ever while you're doing the push-ups. You can "rest" in the front-leaning rest position (the position you're in on top of the push-up).

During the obstacle course, you only climb the first wall (6-foot solid wood). Instead of doinig the second wall (cinder block), you do 10 push-ups.

Good luck!
                              In backgrounds ...

Comment

thanks, last question... is the course after the 1 mile run?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4692 users online. 280 members and 4412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X