300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Sheriff Dept

Just applied for OCSD and take the test on Sept. 6th. Any insight on the written and their process.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

I'm going on the 6th as well, from what I hear the test is 100 questions. Theres alittle bit of math,and they also test on map knowledge. Pretty easy, after that if you pass they give an interview then you go through the PAT.

Comment

me 3. what exactly is map knowledge? is it knowing the location of every city?. also is the interview a short brief get to know some faces type deal, or is it a full blown oral?

Comment

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

You'll want to join my academy group. All my academy notes are here
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I tested 2 yrs ago with OCSD and if you have a Associates or Bachelors degree, the written is waived. They'll ask you to come in PT gear (I'd probably come in a suit to make a good first impression) and your PAT will follow right after the written. Besides the typical PAT, you have to push a patrol car 10 ft. If time permits, you'll have an oral board that day which is nice to have the suit as well.

OCSD testing info can be found HERE.

Comment

I think with the map part of the test they'll have a picture of a map and ask what the fastest way is to get from point A to point B, or if you left the library how do you get to the high school.

Comment

I went through OCSD's process back in 2001. I thought the testing process was no more difficult than LASD, RSD, or LAPD's. The PAT is pretty straight forward. The oral board was standard, 2 deps and a civilian asking the normal questions. PK's site will be more than enough to make sure you get throuh the process.
              LAPD

Comment

Im taking it also on Sept. 6!

I say we carpool. just kidding!

So for sure the test is waived, because I have an AA already.

Comment

I just called a recruiter and she said the written is not waived for those with a college degree. Panel interviews will be from the 8th-12th.

Comment

I'm gonna get there really early, it seems like theres going to be alot of people there. Does anyone if you have to do 30 pushups and 30 situps in 5 mins. I dont remember where I heard this from, supposedly you have to this for the PAT.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll go early also. What does the PAT actually entail?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoel View Post
                        me 3. what exactly is map knowledge? is it knowing the location of every city?. also is the interview a short brief get to know some faces type deal, or is it a full blown oral?
                        Map knowledge is simply, they will present you a map...they will ask you how to legally get from point A to point B. You will need to know what North, East, South, and west is. Etc. Very easy.
                        "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

Originally posted by McGruff View Post
                          I tested 2 yrs ago with OCSD and if you have a Associates or Bachelors degree, the written is waived. They'll ask you to come in PT gear (I'd probably come in a suit to make a good first impression) and your PAT will follow right after the written. Besides the typical PAT, you have to push a patrol car 10 ft. If time permits, you'll have an oral board that day which is nice to have the suit as well.

OCSD testing info can be found HERE.

No, OCSD does not waive the written test for the DST position. They only waive it for the Reserve Deputy position if you have a college degree.

If they say to come in PT gear, just come in PT gear. But have a suit ready in case they do have an interview scheduled that day. If you are only taking the written test that day, then wear a suit.

OCSD doesn't have the car push incorporated in their PAT anymore. They replaced that with the 30 situps and 30 pushups within 5 minutes (this should really be changed to 2 minutes)...this is a pass/fail. They also have you run one mile within 10 minutes. And you'll have the O-Course and trigger pull (both left handed and right handed).

Comment

Originally posted by siryessir View Post
                            I'm gonna get there really early, it seems like theres going to be alot of people there. Does anyone if you have to do 30 pushups and 30 situps in 5 mins. I dont remember where I heard this from, supposedly you have to this for the PAT.

Yes, 30/30 within 5 minutes. There will be someone to hold your feet down for the situps...and you will perform the situps with your left arm over your right arm crossed over your chest.

Your pushups should be complete with your chest almost touching the ground, and your head up (looking ahead at your threat).

Comment

Originally posted by Viffer View Post
                              Yes, 30/30 within 5 minutes. There will be someone to hold your feet down for the situps...and you will perform the situps with your left arm over your right arm crossed over your chest.

Your pushups should be complete with your chest almost touching the ground, and your head up (looking ahead at your threat).
                              30/30 5 mins? wow, do they want the person to exceed the minimum if possible? or are they going to time how fast we can finish? Because 5 minutes is a really long time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5318 users online. 294 members and 5024 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X