300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD overtime

aside from the base salary, do LAPD officers have opportunites for overtime?

if not, what do officers do if they want to supplement their income. thanks

Originally posted by StoneWalJackson View Post
    aside from the base salary, do LAPD officers have opportunites for overtime?

if not, what do officers do if they want to supplement their income. thanks
    Technically yes but no. Overtime has become a huge issue and in the last month Ive seen a huge change in micromanagement when it comes to overtime. Officers get too much overtime will be riding the desk. No more reports in records or dets, the sgts want to see you. P1s will sent home EOW...this isnt absolute but they are doing their best to enforce it. Their is talk of eliminating on-call time. Court is strictly documented now vs how it used to be. Logs must be signed at EOW now. Turn in a no C7 greenie and expect to be seriously questioned.

This may seem small but Ive only been on for 12 months but I have seen a change in the micromanagement of this dept. W/Cs are getting comment cards for things that didnt matter a month ago which in turn makes them scrutinize us harder....

In short, yeah you'll get some overtime but don't expect it. Maybe its just my division....
    LAPD

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
      Technically yes but no. Overtime has become a huge issue and in the last month Ive seen a huge change in micromanagement when it comes to overtime. Officers get too much overtime will be riding the desk. No more reports in records or dets, the sgts want to see you. P1s will sent home EOW...this isnt absolute but they are doing their best to enforce it. Their is talk of eliminating on-call time. Court is strictly documented now vs how it used to be. Logs must be signed at EOW now. Turn in a no C7 greenie and expect to be seriously questioned.

This may seem small but Ive only been on for 12 months but I have seen a change in the micromanagement of this dept. W/Cs are getting comment cards for things that didnt matter a month ago which in turn makes them scrutinize us harder....

In short, yeah you'll get some overtime but don't expect it. Maybe its just my division....

You're right, so far it's your division. My division doesn't have any of this, although I'm sure it's coming.

Yes, there is still plenty of overtime. They don't have the overtime details like they use to, but there is still plenty of police work to be done. That means overtime. If you make an arrest near EOW, then overtime will come. That means the court time will come also. The more police work you do, the more opportunity you have for OT.

Some things are being regulated more than they used to be, that is true, however, other things can't be controlled and that's crime.

As for other jobs, some officers work off-duty jobs to make extra money. The Department allows you to work 20 hours a week, off-duty, if you so desire.

Comment

South and West Bureaus are cracking down.

Really getting on O/T in 77th, and Wilshire, depends on the captain. Pretty ironic the busier divisions are having the scrutiny where there is actually, more work than officers so O/T happens whether the Capt. likes it or not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5764 users online. 325 members and 5439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X