300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Sheriff Orientation

hey gang, first time posting a thread on here. I tried searching around for this topic but couldn't come across the answer I was looking for.

I have my orientation on the 20th of this month for SD Sheriff. Here are a few questions I have.

1. What is the intin. for that day? what can I expect to happen?

2. It says i don't need my personal history statement and docs ready for that day, would it benefit me at all to have them ready anyway?

3. I am planning on wearing a suit, is that overdoing it?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help answer these questions or point me to the proper thread.

Take care..
    SD sheriff:
    1. Passed Written
    2. Orientation 8/20/08

CHP:
    1. testing 9/6/08

I was at one in March. First off, it's never wrong to wear a suit. Wear it! Only two of us women did (out of 6), and we definitely stood out (in a good way). I think there was only one or two men in a suit, too.

There will be an hour or so presentation with more details about the job, the benefits, and why they're better than SDPD. You'll write a brief essay. I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact topic. Then you'll meet with a detective for a pre-screening interview. If you pass that, then you'll be assigned a background investigator.

You will not need your PHS and documents. But it's impressive as all heck to call your BI the next morning and say you're ready to meet with him/her. I did that. My BI said that had NEVER happened before. A day later, I was back in the office with my PHS and all the docs. Most people take 1-2 months to come back with that, so you're only helping yourself cut some time off the process.

Good luck!
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

My orientation is on the 7th. I got about 60% of the PHS filled out, most of it is being transposed from the POST standard one. There's just so much info to fill out, but it will be ready by then.

I truly hope I have a fighting chance, considering their hiring is slowing down a bit. Best of luck to you both.

Comment

Thanks Copp'r Penny! I appreciate the info. I'll keep ya'll posted. Good luck!
        SD sheriff:
        1. Passed Written
        2. Orientation 8/20/08

CHP:
        1. testing 9/6/08

Comment

Hey, I took the written about 3 weeks ago and recieved my T scores but have heard nothing more. Is the orientation the next step? If so, when did you get invited?

Also, when in the process do they do the physical agility test?

Comment

Originally posted by lionheartednyhc View Post
            Hey, I took the written about 3 weeks ago and recieved my T scores but have heard nothing more. Is the orientation the next step? If so, when did you get invited?

Also, when in the process do they do the physical agility test?

I received my orientation invite about 3 weeks after I got my scores, no word yet on the physical agility test.
            SD sheriff:
            1. Passed Written
            2. Orientation 8/20/08

CHP:
            1. testing 9/6/08

Comment

That's a long wait. I'm taking the test tomorrow. So basically I'm going to have to wait two months for the orientation so they can then start working on my background.

Comment

People are invited to the orientation in order of their T-scores (highest invited first), so I've been told. Also, you're welcome to take the PAT when you get a little closer to the hiring date. The PAT score is good for 6 months. If you don't get placed in an academy by then, you'll have to re-take the PAT. If you're T-score is older than a year, you'll have to re-take that as well.
                In backgrounds ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6275 users online. 358 members and 5917 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X