300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Bay Area Departments

Not to offend anyone associate with Maywood PD, but I've seen many SoCal officers on this forum refer to them as being lucky to have anyone work for them. I know nothing of the department, so I don't have an opinion, but I wa curious if anyone knows of any Maywood-equivalent agencies in the bay area.
    Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Yes, there are a few agencies in the Bay Area that will take rejects from other law enforcement agencies. However, I will not post them on a public forum.

Why would you be interested anyway? Are you a reject from another law enforcement agency looking for an easy way in?

Comment

I'm not actually looking for an "easy" way in but more like a "quick" way in. I need to work and I've found that most agencies, who are supposedly hurting for cops, just slowly plod along in their hiring process and in some cases never even actually respond to applicants.

My thoughts are that I have much to offer and its not about where I work so much as it is about the job I do.

If I can trade my willingness to work almost anywhere for a quick way in with a an agency that is happy to have applicants, I am ready to do that.

PMs are fine.
      Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

check ur PM
        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
        -- John Wayne

Comment

hey can someone please pm me some of those departments. I'm not quite a reject, but after 18 years I do have some p file baggage, don't feel hassiling with picky departments and their background investigators.

thanks
          Last edited by WPD954; 08-04-2008, 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
            hey can someone please pm me some of those departments. I'm not quit a reject, but after 18 years I do have some p file baggage, don't feel hassiling with picky departments and their background investigators.

thanks
            See there, I'm not the only one. Agencies complain about finding candidates who don't have background issues with criminal histories, drug histories, and bad credit and then turn down candidates who have had less than smooth sailing during their career, usually having been on the receiving end of internal politics.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Amen barkalot. I have minimal discipline, one negative incident and a long list of justified force packages, but you know how they go with the "where theres smoke thers fire" theory.

Comment

Sometimes, simply getting into LE is hard. But be aware....if you are just getting in, you may have a hard time once you ARE in getting to one of those "other" agencies that take a while. If you work for an agency known to hire rejects, you may have a stigma that will follow you thru the testing process. So, if you are trying to get your first LE job, I'd be a little more picky than that. Just my $0.02, which is worth half that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                  Sometimes, simply getting into LE is hard. But be aware....if you are just getting in, you may have a hard time once you ARE in getting to one of those "other" agencies that take a while. If you work for an agency known to hire rejects, you may have a stigma that will follow you thru the testing process. So, if you are trying to get your first LE job, I'd be a little more picky than that. Just my $0.02, which is worth half that.
                  I understand that, but at this point I just need to feed my family.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Lowering the standards AND hiring rejects????
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

The only rejects are those clowns officers that think they are better than others simply by working for sassy department. Work the ghetto and to some degree you do become ghetto, but not a reject.

Comment

I agree... I wouldnt want to work with cops that are too good for the job and think they are better then everyone else. Im humble and would like majority of my peers to be the same as well. Now I dont agree with lowering a standard because these are the people who "serve and protect" us but everyone should be on a case by case. Some people do deserve a chance to redeem themselves in certain cases. Im not an expert but come on this is common sense tho its not too common anymore.
                        “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Me too.

Barkalot or SGTTOM can you pm me the info on those bay area departments. I am also in the same boat. Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Huecias View Post
                            Barkalot or SGTTOM can you pm me the info on those bay area departments. I am also in the same boat. Thank You!
                            +1 me too, thanks!

Comment

So far no suggestions. If anyone has any and PMs me, I will not list them on the public forum.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3550 users online. 200 members and 3350 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X