Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAPD shoulder mics?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LAPD shoulder mics?

    All the videos and pictures of LAPD officers I have not seen anyone with a shoulder mic or whatever you call them. If anyone knows for sure if they do or some choose to wear them or whatever the reason is?

    Thanks you in advance!


    BE SAFE

  • #2
    We use the 007 mics. I've would never use anything else. I can hear everything on the radio and suspects can't hear a thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      The shoulder lapels on LAPD uniforms are sown down to the shirt so you can not clip a mic there. Most of the guys that do wear them clip them to the front of their shirt. They do not issue them, most divisions don't have them when you check out your radios BUT, sneaky coppers know you can go to supply on your own and have one assigned to you and you get to keep it till the day they change radios or you retire.

      I used to wear one, got tired of it. After I chased a few knuckled heads and the mic clip came off or broke every time figured it wasn't worth it.

      Some guys do wear the 007 ear piece setup with the hidden mic in their shirt, never tried it, too expensive to "try out"
      Originally Posted by VegasMetro
      maybe it’s me but I think a six pack and midget porn makes for good times?????

      Comment


      • #4
        we used the same system of handheld "rovers" ,but have now switched from the LAPD style "astro" to the motorola XTS 5000-better radio, but our total system sucks, I really don't like the shoulder mikes,and we also sew our the lapels down.there uesd to be an after market leather type strap or clip on to hold the mike to the shirt( surprise,they tend to FLY off when the fat hits the "fire")
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

        Comment


        • #5
          ^^^ continuing on...the mic flies off when you are running and hits you in the nards!!!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            ^^^ continuing on...the mic flies off when you are running and hits you in the nards!!!
            LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! had it happen once, and when my partner( actually my former trainee) asked "why" I had this stupid ,sick look on my face, I told her! Her response? "boy PLEEEASSSE! deal with it,that will TEACH you next time,huh??!!!!
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
              LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! had it happen once, and when my partner( actually my former trainee) asked "why" I had this stupid ,sick look on my face, I told her! Her response? "boy PLEEEASSSE! deal with it,that will TEACH you next time,huh??!!!!
              Don't you hate..having to run...the damn thing lets loose and starts swinging for the twins....all you can do...is reel it in (as you're running) and hope for the best.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                Don't you hate..having to run...the damn thing lets loose and starts swinging for the twins....all you can do...is reel it in (as you're running) and hope for the best.
                yeah,BUT when it hits the ladies in the "groin area" its an "ow,oopps" and they keep going- us guys? its OWWW,then "mommy"!!( the avg 30+ 6'0" man starts to whimper like a 10 yr old boy)

                still waiting( and goodness knows I hope I never see it) when the old timers groused that having a corded radio mic would be used to "strangle officers" to death- the suspects i've ever fought just were content to punch my face in (or bite or spit on me)
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                  yeah,BUT when it hits the ladies in the "groin area" its an "ow,oopps" and they keep going- us guys? its OWWW,then "mommy"!!( the avg 30+ 6'0" man starts to whimper like a 10 yr old boy)

                  Oh come on... it can't hurt that bad. (never understood your claims)

                  It's all in your mind....mind over matter.
                  Last edited by deputy x 2; 07-28-2008, 05:14 PM.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                    we used the same system of handheld "rovers" ,but have now switched from the LAPD style "astro" to the motorola XTS 5000-better radio, but our total system sucks, I really don't like the shoulder mikes,and we also sew our the lapels down.there uesd to be an after market leather type strap or clip on to hold the mike to the shirt( surprise,they tend to FLY off when the fat hits the "fire")

                    It sure is nice to have your hands free though. Seems like a pain to keep having to take your radio out of the holder to talk. Luckily I've never had a problem with the mic coming off since I've worn a vest over the shirt for the past seven years. The flap on the front of the vest keeps it secure. It did happen in patrol though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There is a very simple and tactical way to stop that from happening. I clip my mic to the front of my uniform I then attach one of those medium sized black plastic paper clips to the cord and then to my shirt as well. I have never had it come off and I work bike patrol now...
                      Happy to be here proud to serve

                      "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

                      Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 6804 users online. 352 members and 6452 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X